Monday, April 07, 2008

April 7th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Thine is the glory, risen conquering Son; endless is the victory thou over death hast won! Angels in bright raiment rolled the stone away, kept the folded grave clothes where thy body lay. Thine is the glory, risen conquering Son; endless is the victory thou over death hast won! ("Thine Is the Glory" - Text: Edmond Budry, 1854-1932; tr. R. Birch Hoyle, 1875-1939)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 27.32-66-At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom.
Deuteronomy 7-8-For the LORD your god is bringing you into a good land, a land with flowing streams, with springs and underground waters welling up in valleys and hills, a land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive trees and honey, a land where you my eat bread without scarcity, where you will lack nothing, a land whose stones are iron and from whose hills you may mine copper. You shall eat your fill and bless the LORD your God for the good land that he has given you.
Job 7-What are human beings, that you make so much of them, that you set your mind on them, visit them every morning, test them every moment?
Genesis 18.1-14-He said, "My lord, if I find favor with you, do not pass by your servant."

God's Word of the Day
I will not pass you by. I sent My Son and opened my heart to you. Accept me and open your heart to Me.

Psalm of the Day
The curtain was torn in two.
You opened Your heart to me.
I run to Your heart.
I open my heart to You.
You come to me.
I come to You.
You give Your life to me.
I give my life to You.
You bring life from death.
I live through death in You.
You bring me into a good land.
I live in that land and serve You.
You come to me each morning.
I go and serve You.
I give thanks and glory to You each day.
For You have chosen not to pass me by.
Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I open my heart to You. Come in and stay. Fill me with Your Love. I go and serve You in Your Kingdom. ---Amen

No comments: