Saturday, April 19, 2008

April 19th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Christ is alive! No longer bound to distant years in Palestine, but saving, healing, here and now, and touching every place and time. ("Christ Is Alive! Let Christians Sing" - Text: Brian A. Wren, b. 1936)

Readings of the Day
Acts 7.23-8.1a-...and I have come down to rescue them.
Deuteronomy 31-32-For I will proclaim the name of the LORD; ascribe greatness to our God!
Job 19-For I know that my Redeemer lives, and that at the last he will stand upon the earth; and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see on my side, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. My heart faints within me!
Psalm 31.1-5, 15-16-You are indeed my rock and my fortress; for your name's sake lead me and guide me, take me out of the net that is hidden for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hand I commit my spirit; you have redeemed me, O LORD, faithful God.

God's Word of the Day
I had to come down to you. I had to save you from yourself. I have saved you. Now rejoice in Me. Proclaim My glory. I AM your Redeemer. I AM your Savior.

Psalm of the Day
How glad I am that You came down.
Came down to rescue me from the net of sin.
Come down to save me from myself.
Come down to free me from sin and death.
How I rejoice in You.
You are the only path to salvation.
Not my works but Your work alone saves.
And in this salvation; I am free.
Free to serve faithfully and boldly.
Free from the worry of sin and death.
Free to return what You have first given.
Free to give my life away to You and those You give to me.
How glad I am that You came down!

Prayer of the Day
Resurrected Lord Jesus. Come down and in to me this day. Fill me with Your Love. Show me Your Way. Guide me along Your Plan---today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: