Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April 30th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
When the poor ones, who have nothing, still are giving; when the thirsty pass the cup, water to share; when the wounded offer others strength and healing: We see God, here by our side, walking our way; we see God, here by our side, walking our way. ("When the Poor Ones" - Text: Jose Antonio Olivar, b. 1939; tr. Martin A. Seltz, b. 1951)

Readings of the Day
Acts 13.26-52-The next sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord.
Joshua 20-21-Thus the LORD gave to Israel all the land that he swore to their ancestors that he would give them; and having taken possession of it, they settled there...Not one of all the good promises that the LORD had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass.
Job 30-My inward parts are in turmoil, and are never still; days of affliction come to meet me.
John 16.16-24-Very truly, I tell you, you will weep and mourn, but the world will rejoice; you will have pain, but your pain will turn into joy...So you have pain now; but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no none will take your joy from you.

God's Word of the Day
I keep My promises. I fulfill My vows. Listen to me. You will have pain and sorrow; but I will return and give you joy beyond understanding. See, I AM with you now in your pain and sorrow. Hang in there with me and wait. My joy will be made complete. I keep My promises.

Psalm of the Day
I hear of the promise of a greater land.
I see what You have done.
Your action is real.
Your action is here and now.
You prove Your faithfulness, yesterday, today and tomorrow.

I look around and You are everywhere.
You are present in the poor and suffering.
You are present in the compassion and pain.
You come out through so many people and places.
I know that You are here.
Here in my pain and suffering.
Here with me laughing.
Here with me in conversation.
Here with me in prayer.

What a joy You bring to me each day.
I turn and listen to Your Voice.
Be with me today, tomorrow and always.
I am looking to that day that joy will be made complete.

But for now, use me, be in me, work through me so...
That another may see You through me this day.

Prayer of the Day
In my pain and sorrow, I know of Your presence. I wait for the day that joy will be made complete. But for now, forgive me I pray and use me this day. ---Amen

No comments: