Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April 29th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
All who love and serve your city, all who bear its daily stress, all who cry for peace and justice, all who curse and all who bless. ("All Who Love and Serve Your City" - Text: Erik Routley, 1917-1982)

Readings of the Day
Acts 13.1-25-You son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, full of all deceit and villainy, will you not stop making crooked the straight paths of the Lord?
Joshua 18-19-So they finished dividing the land.
Job 29-O that I were as in the months of old...
Deuteronomy 5.22-33-You must follow exactly the path that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live...

God's Word of the Day
Watch out for the devil. He is full of deceit and villainy. I have provided and inheritance for you. Just like in the old days; I keep my promise. Follow My path and live.

Psalm of the Day
Watch out!
Watch out for the evil that surrounds!
I hear Your Voice to look out for deceit and villainy.
Point it out to me if needed.
You have made a promise.
You have chosen and rescued me.
You are my Savior!
You remember days of old and keep Your Word.
I will follow Your Voice.
I will go with You, my Savior, my Lord.
I will go and serve in Your city.
I will go aware of the evil that surrounds.
I will go in aware of Life in You.

Prayer of the Day
Evil that surrounds me and is within me; I will be cautious. Forgive my sin. Free me dear Lord, that I may follow Your voice into the city to serve and love in Your Name. ---Amen

No comments: