Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April 22nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Alleluia! Bread of heaven, here on earth our food, our stay; alleluia! here the sinful flee to you from day to day. Intercessor, friend of sinners, earth's redeemer, hear our plea where the songs of all the sinless sweep a cross the crystal sea. ("Alleluia! Sing to Jesus" - Text: William C. Dix, 1837-1898, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Acts 9.1-25-But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is an instrument whom I have chosen to bring my name before Gentiles and kings and before the people of Israel; I myself will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."
Joshua 3.1-5.1-Joshua then said to the Israelites, "Draw near and hear the words of the LORD your God."
Job 22-Receive instruction from his mouth, and lay up his words in your heart.
Proverbs 3.5-12-Honor the LORD with substance and with the first fruits of all your produce...

God's Word of the Day
Listen, hear My Word, receive instruction. I am with you and want your first fruits. I have chosen you and called you to proclaim My Name to those I give you to. Go!

Psalm of the Day
Wow! You choose some pretty scary people!
You chose Saul, a murderer!
You likewise chose me, from all the sinful!
Fill me with Your Word.
Give me Your instruction.
Let me listen and hear what You have to say.
Make me into the instrument You choose.
For You have given me Your first fruits.
You graciously give me the bread and wine.
You gave Your very being for me.
Now I return to You my being.
I give You myself to mold into that instrument You choose.
Send me, I pray to play the music You give.
Send me to proclaim Your Name, loud and clear and wonderfully beautiful.
I go, knowing you are my Friend.
I go, feeling Your presence.
I go, a loyal friend to You.
Alleluia! Christ has risen!
He has risen in me!
He has risen indeed!
Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
How I want to play the tune You give today. I go with You, my Friend. I give You all thanks and glory for choosing me. I go, bold and joyful. I go, giving You all the thanks and glory. What fun this is! Let's play! ---Amen

No comments: