Friday, April 25, 2008

April 25th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Sing! Sing a new song! Sing of that great day when all will be one! God will reign, and we'll walk with each other as sisters and brothers ... united in love. We are called to act with justice, we are called to love tenderly; we are called to serve one another, to walk humbly with God. ("We Are Called" - Text: David Haas, b. 1957)

Readings of the Day
Acts 10.34-48-While Peter was still speaking, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who heard the word.
Joshua 9-10-Joshua took all these kings and their land at one time, because the LORD God of Israel fought for Israel.
Job 25-How then can a mortal be righteous before God?
Mark 1.1-15-The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the good news.

God's Word of the Day
I AM the Warrior. I have fought the fight for you. Now, unite in My Love. Repent, believe and hear the good news of My battle won. Stand up and love one another. Unite and serve each other. Walk humbly in My Love; be bold and receive My Spirit. I send you to battle. I send you filled with My Love.

Psalm of the Day
You are my Warrior.
You are the one who fought the fight and won.
You equip me for battle too.
But how different this is.
You have equipped me with freedom to love and serve and walk humbly.
It's so different than what I expected.
But it's also so very freeing!
It's refreshing to fight in Your Kingdom.
It's fun to use the tools of war You have given.
Love, Justice, Humility, Service.
Yet it's all so powerful at the same time.
I come to You each day and repent.
You always give me all that I need.
Then You call me and send me.
I see and know that it's only because of You that I live.
I see and know that I need You.
I see and know You...and that's all I need.
Now I go...
I go to battle in Your Kingdom.
I go with You by my side.
I go with these wonderful battle tools You have provided.
I go in Your Love to fight Your fight.
I go...

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I lay before You my sin - I seek Your forgiveness. I want so dearly to go into the battle today with Your gifts of forgiveness, love, humility, service and joy in the calling. Send me I pray filled with Your Spirit to the battle today. ---Amen

No comments: