Monday, April 14, 2008

April 14th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Christ is risen! Raise your spirits from the caverns of despair. Walk with gladness in the morning. See what love can do and dare. Drink the wine of resurrection, not a servant, but a friend. Jesus is our strong companion. Joy and peace shall never end. ("Christ Is Risen! Shout Hosanna!" - Text: Brian A. Wren, b. 1936)

Readings of the Day
Acts 4.23-37-When they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God with boldness.
Deuteronomy 21-22-...for anyone hung on a tree is under God's curse.
Job 14-They feel only the pain of their own bodies, and mourn only for themselves.
Ezekiel 34.17-23-I will save my flock, and they shall no longer be ravaged; and I will budge between sheep and sheep.

God's Word of the Day
I hung on that tree as God's curse. I did this out of love for you. I fill you with My Spirit. Now go in boldness no longer ravaged by sin and speak my Word to all the world.

Psalm of the Day
Jesus, my friend and faithful companion.
You hung on that tree as God's curse.
Out of deep love; You hung on that tree for me.
You took on the curse of my sin and died for me as God's curse.
You hung on that tree for me!

Spirit, you come and fill me with gifts.
You come and build me up.
You come and give me faith and courage.
You send me out in boldness.
I go declaring the Word You have given in joy and thanksgiving.

Father you guide and protect, defend and provide.
I come to you and seek Your council day after day.
You teach and instruct and show me the way.
I listen to Your Word and follow.
I pray and You listen.

Prayer of the Day
Father, Son, Spirit---I come to You this day and listen. I listen and follow. Send me out to do Your will. Teach me to see and hear You. ---Amen

No comments: