Saturday, April 26, 2008

April 26th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Goodness is stronger than evil; love is stronger than hate; light is stronger than darkness; life is stronger than death; victory is ours, victory is ours, through God who loves us. Victory is ours, victory is ours, through God who loves us. ("Goodness Is Stronger than Evil" - Text: From An African Prayer Book, Desmond Tutu, b. 1931)

Readings of the Day
Acts 11.1-18-...he will give you a message by which you and your entire household will be saved.
Joshua 11-12-And the land had rest from war.
Job 26-These are indeed but the outskirts of his ways...
Psalm 66.8-20-...we went through fire and through water; yet you brought us out to a spacious place.

God's Word of the Day
I AM victorious. Through Me, the victory is yours. This is just the outskirts of My ways. I have brought you through the fire and promise a spacious place. Trust in Me and rejoice in the victory.

Psalm of the Day
You speak of a victory.
This victory You have gained and blessed me with the joy it brings.
Victory is ours!
Victory which is only the outskirt of Your ways.
Your ways are beyond anything I can fathom.
Victory is ours!
You have brought me through the fire.
You have blessed me with the water.
Victory is ours!
I see that spacious place.
I long for You!
Victory is ours!
You bring rest from war.
Victory is ours!
Christ has risen!
He has risen in me!
He has risen indeed!
Victory is ours!
Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
This day I celebrate a victory which You have given. Victory over sin, death and the devil! Victory is our! Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: