Sunday, April 06, 2008

April 6th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Alleluia! Christ is arisen. Bright is the dawning of the Lord's day. Thomas, where were you on that evening? "I'll not believe unless I see." Christ comes again, and every Lord's day: "Touch me and see; fave faith in me." ("Alleluia! Christ is Arisen" - Text: Luis Bojos, b. 1937; tr. Martin A. Seltz, b. 1951)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 27.1-31-He said, "I have sinned by betraying innocent blood."
Deuteronomy 5-6-Today we have seen that God may speak to someone and the person may still live.
Job 6-In truth I have no help in me...
Luke 24.13-35-"Were not our hearts burning within us while he was talking to us on the road, while he was opening the scriptures to us?"

God's Word of the Day
I know of your sin. But I forgive sin. I open My Word to you and show you the way. Now get up and go! Follow Me!

Psalm of the Day
I deny, I betray, I doubt, I cant' even see You at times.
Forgive me!
I can't do this myself like I once thought.
I need You to save me from sin, death and myself.
Forgive me and open my eyes to see You.
Open my eyes and ears to see and hear You.
Fill me with faith, and love.
Teach me compassion and understanding.
Use me to serve.
I want to follow You and serve You and do what You have planned for me.
I give myself to You.
You are my Savior!
You are my God!
You have done all that needs to be done.
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, open my eyes to You. This day and forever. ---Amen

No comments: