Friday, April 04, 2008

April 4th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Love's redeeming work is done, fought the fight, the battle won. Lo! The sun's eclipse is over. Lo! He sets in blood no more. ("Christ the Lord Is Risen Today!" - Text: Charles Wesley, 1707-1788, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 26.26-46-While they were eating, Jesus took a loaf of bread, and after blessing it he broke it, gave it to the disciples, and said, "Take, eat; this is my body."
Deuteronomy 1-2-"You have stayed long enough at the mountain, Resume your journey and go..."
Job 4-Can mortals be righteous before God?
1 Peter 1.13-16-Therefore prepare your minds for action; discipline yourselves; set all your hope on the grace that Jesus Christ will bring you when he is revealed.

God's Word of the Day
I have won the battle. You have seen My glory. Believe and as you have been prepared, go and serve in My Kingdom this day.

Psalm of the Day
I know now that I can only be righteous before You through Jesus.
Jesus is the righteous one who did all that needed to be done.
Only through Jesus can I be righteous before You.
I am not righteous before You on my on accord.
I have seen the glory of Jesus' death.
I have seen the victory of His resurrection.
"It is finished." Wonderful words of victory.
I believe!
I take in Jesus' body and blood.
I believe and let His body and blood unite in me.
I believe and He works in and through me.
I have stayed long enough in this revelation of Love.
Now I hear Jesus' voice and command to go.
Go and do likewise.
Go and love as I have loved.
With my mind prepared and my heart filled...
In deep belief, trust and hope...I go!
Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You have done all that needs to be done to save this world. You have shown awesome glory! You are my God! You are my Savior! With mind and heart prepared. With the gifts of the Spirit. In trust and faith...I go! Go to love as You have commanded. ---Amen

No comments: