Friday, April 11, 2008

April 8th to 11th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

April 8th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Walking the way, Christ in the center telling the story to open our eyes; breaking our bread, giving us glory; Jesus our blessing, our constant surprise. Jesus is risen and we shall arise. Give God the glory! Alleluia! ("Test Herbert F. Brokering, b. 1926)

Readings of the Day
Matthew 28
-And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
Deuteronomy 9-10-Circumcise, then, the foreskin of your heart, and do not be stubborn any longer.
Job 8-He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouts of joy.
Proverbs 8.32-9.6-For whoever finds me finds life and obtains favor from the LORD…

God’s Word of the Day
Always keep Me at the center of your life. I will bring joy to your heart and fill you with laughter.

Psalm of the Day
Lord, how You have opened my eyes!
I do not always have joy.
But I find you in the center.
Even in the center of my pain, You are there.
You are there beside me.
You are there knowing the pain.
And sometimes in the pain is a joyful laughter.
A laughter only you and I can understand.
You are with me always.
Opening my eyes to new surprises each day.
In You I find life.
Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
Lord You bless me with joy and laughter in good and bad. I eternally give You all the glory and thanks. ---Amen


April 9th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Now will I cling forever to Christ my Savior true: my Lord will leave me never, whatever he passes through. He rends death’s iron chain; he breaks through sin and pain; he shatters hell’s grim thrall; I follow him through all. ("Awake, My Heart, with Gladness" – Text: Paul Gerhardt, 1607-1676 tr; John Kelly 1833-1890, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Acts 1
-Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking up toward heaven?
Deuteronomy 11-12- Be careful to obey all these words that I command you today…
Job 9-If it is a contest of strength, he is the strong one!
John 21.1-14-When they had gone ashore, they saw a charcoal fire there, with fish on it, and bread.

God’s Word of the Day
Cling forever to Me. I will feed you a breakfast beyond your imagination.

Psalm of the Day
How I want that breakfast with You, Jesus.
I can taste the fish and the bread on that fire.
I can revel in that morning fellowship with You.
How I want that breakfast with You, Jesus.
I look up to you, my Lord, as You rise in the sky.
I look up and know that I must now go and serve.
I am excited to go forth in Your name.
I look up to you, my Lord, as You rise in the sky.
Lead me to obey Your commands.
Teach me the way of Life.
Fill me with Your Love to freely give.
Lead me to obey Your commands.
How I want the breakfast with You, Jesus.
I look up to you, My Lord, as You rise in the sky.
Lead me to obey Your command.
How I want that breakfast with You, Jesus.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I look forward to that day when I can share that breakfast of fish and bread with You. But for now I’ll have some fish and bread with those you have graciously given to me. For in them I see You. ---Amen


April 10th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Forth he came at Easter like the risen grain, he that for three days in the grave had lain; raised from the dead, my living Lord is seen; love is come again like wheat arising green. ("Now the Green Blade Rises" – Text John MacLeod Campbell Crum, 1872-1958)

Readings of the Day
Acts 2.1-13
-…in our own languages we hear them speaking about God’s deeds of power.
Deuteronomy 13-14- You are the children of the LORD your God.
Job 10- Remember that you fashioned me like clay; and will you turn me to dust again?
1 Peter 2.9-12-Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

God’s Word of the Day
I have risen. You will rise too. Believe in Me for you are My beloved child.

Psalm of the Day
I saw You rise that morning.
I saw You open my eyes.
I heard the stories of Your glory.
I heard You say my name.
I saw You rise that morning.
I felt You in my heart.
I claimed me as Your child.
You received me as I was.
You fashion me into something new.
You mold me as You wish.
I saw You rise that morning.
I felt You in my heart.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give You thanks that You have called me as Your own. You have claimed my heart. Use me this day. Send me into Your Kingdom to work for You in this eternal life. ---Amen


April 11th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Jesus lives! And thus, my soul, life eternal waits for you; joined to Christ, your living head, where he is, you shall be too; with the Lord, at God’s right hand, as a victor you shall stand. ("Hallelujah! Jesus Lives!" – Text: Carl B. Garve, 1763-1841; tr. Jane L. Borthwick, 1813-1897, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Acts 2.14-47
-This Jesus God raised up, and of that all of us are witnesses.
Deuteronomy 15-16-Rejoice before the LORD your God--- you and your sons and your daughters…
Job 11-If you direct your heart rightly, you will stretch your hands towards him.
1 Peter 2.13-17-Love the family of believers. Fear God.

God’s Word of the Day
Rejoice in Me. I AM alive.

Psalm of the Day
Rejoice in Me.
I am alive!
You are alive!
You are My witness.
You are My son.
You are My daughter.
I claim you as My own.
Stretch out your hands towards Me.
I stretched out My hands toward you in love and gave My all.
Love Me.
Love one another.
Fear God and obey
Follow My way and go with me.
Today and forever!
Rejoice in Me.
I am alive!
You are alive!

Prayer of the Day
Alleluia! He has risen! Christ has risen indeed! Alleluia! ---Amen

No comments: