Thursday, April 17, 2008

April 17th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
An angel clad in white they see, who sits and speaks unto the three, "Your Lord will go to Galilee," Alleluia! ("O Sons and Daughters, Let Us Sing" - Text: attr. Jean Tisserand, d. 1494; tr. John Mason Neale, 1818-1866, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Acts 6-And all who sat in the council looked intently at him, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel.
Deuteronomy 28-Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
Job 17-...where then is my hope?
Acts 6.8-15-Stephen, full of grace and power, did great wonders and signs among the people.

God's Word of the Day
I have done all that needs to be done. You are free from sin, even though you will sin. You are free to serve Me in My Kingdom. Now and forever.

Psalm of the Day
Even after Your resurrection You had work to do.
Even after my forgiveness in sin; You send me with work to do.
Even though I sin You use me in my brokenness.
Your wisdom is beyond my understanding.
I return and confess and You free me to go on.
You fill me with grace and power.
Sinful that I am, You continue to bless me and use me.
You continue to forgive me and mold me.
You teach me and show me a better way.
Lead me in this life path to Life in You.
Bless my coming and going.
I give my life to You.
I give my brokenness to You.
Let the world see the glory of Your face shining in mine.
For the joy You have provided radiates deep within my soul.
Thank You for Love.
Let's go to Galilee together.
Now and into eternity.
For You have provided eternal work.
You have blessed me with eternal joy.
Christ has risen!
Christ has risen in me.
Christ has risen indeed!
Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
I come once again to You. I come broken and sinful. I plead Your forgiveness. I plead that You would once again fill me with Your grace and love. I plead that You would continue to use me to go with You to Galilee; today and tomorrow and forever. Go to serve in Your everlasting Kingdom. ---Amen

No comments: