Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April 15th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O Christ, you are the Lord of all in this our Easter festival, for you will be our strength and shield from every weapon death can wield. ("That Easter Day with Joy Was Bright" - Text: Latin hymn, 5th cent.; tr. John Mason Neale, 1818-1866, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Acts 5.1-16-Yet more than ever believers were added to the Lord, great numbers of both men and women...
Deuteronomy 23-24-If you make a vow to the LORD your God, do not postpone fulfilling it...
Job 15-Have you listened in the council of God?
Ezekiel 34.23-31-...and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I break the bars of their yoke, and save them from the hands of those who enslave them.

God's Word of the Day
I AM your strength and shield. I have broken the bars of your yoke to sin and death. I keep My vow. Know that I AM God. Believe and serve me in My Kingdom; now and into eternity.

Psalm of the Day
What joy You have placed in my heart!
My King, my Savior, my Warrior, my Great Defender.
You have saved me from myself, sin and death.
You have rescued me from my own sinful actions.
You are the God who broke the yoke of sin.
You are the God who frees His people from slavery.
My God of Life; I give You thanks!

See the believers multiply!
See Your people in joy!
We give You all praise, glory, honor and thanks!
We listen to Your council and advice.
We joyously respond to all You have done!
Christ is risen!
He is risen indeed! Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
Joy and Alleluia flow from my lips towards You my God, my Lord, my Savior, my Jesus. Now and forever. Send me overflowing in Your Love into Your Kingdom this day spilling that Love all over the place. ---Amen

No comments: