Friday, April 18, 2008

April 18th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Be not afraid, sing out for joy! Christ is risen, alleluia! Be not afraid, sing out for joy! Christ is risen alleluia! ("Be Not Afraid" - Text:Matthew 28.5; Taize Community)

Readings of the Day
Acts 7.1-22-So Moses was instructed in all the wisdom of the Egyptians and was powerful in his words and deeds.
Deuteronomy 29-30-Choose life so that you and your descendants may live, loving the LORD your God, obeying him, and holding fast to him; for that means life to you and length of days, so that you may live in the land that the LORD swore to give to your ancestors, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.
Job 18-How long will you hunt for words?
Acts 7.1-16-Brothers and fathers, listen to me.

God's Word of the Day
See the resurrected Christ. It is done. You do not need to be afraid. Boldly go and proclaim life in Him.

Prayer of the Day
I see throughout time how you blessed us, Your children.
You call us, gift us, and send us.
You give us reason beyond reason for joy in You.
You gift us with confidence and hope.
We go in joy proclaiming Your awesome works of love.
Today let me hear Your voice.
I will listen to You.
I will seek Your command.
I will trust Your gifts.
I will proclaim, in joy, all Your mighty acts.
I go as You send.
What a privilege!
Christ is risen!
He is risen, indeed!
Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
Moses, Stephen and so many others You have loved and cared for, went to do Your will. Fill me with Your Spirit and use me to do Your will this day. ---Amen

No comments: