Friday, February 11, 2005

February 11th Reflection

Friday 2/11/2005
Hebrews 8 - So Jesus couldn’t be our earthly high priest but the real tabernacle is in heaven - the one on earth is just a shadow of the real one -the heavenly tabernacle Jesus is High Priest and also the supreme sacrifice. So with this the Old Covenant is fulfilled and a New Covenant of forgiveness is set up in our hearts and minds - from within - not from without in a tabernacle -- So God’s saving acts works from our inside out.God now writes his lows on our minds and hearts and we will all know God from there.
Exodus 5.1-6.27 - So Moses and Aaron go to the King of Egypt -- let the people go worship their God - the King doesn’t get it - he tells Moses no and accuses the Israelites of being lazy and makes their work harder on them and really dumb by making them look for straw to use instead of giving it to them for the bricks -- well this ticks all the people off - they whine to Moses - Moses whines to God and God tells them to hang in there-- sometimes I gotta just believe what God is up to - trust him and know that it is all for good - even when at the moment all the people around me are making it all look so stupid and making my life difficult -- hang in there - trust in God - and wait for his plan to unfold - it will work for good.
Proverbs 1 - Respect and obey God -- that is the beginning of wisdom-�let’s kill somebody just for the fun of it� -- better get out of that crowd!
See the glory of Jesus on the mountain. Listen to him. Change your ways and let Christ’s love ignite his light in you for all the world to see Jesus saving grace.
Return to God -- Yet even now - God is with me -- through it all- I will return to him with all my heart
Fear, love, and trust God above anything else.
Genesis 2.15-17; 3.1-7 - God placed humans in the garden - but we wanted to be just like God and sinned and did what God did not want us to do -- I can’t be god -- God is God
2 Peter 3.10-13, 17-18 - God is coming again - grow in grace and knowledge of Jesus - give him the glory now and forever.
Psalm 104.24-35 - Look around - God is everywhere! -- May me deditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the LORD.
Prayer - Lord - you are my High Priest - my sacrifice - my salvation- I give you deep thanks for writing that new law and that new love on my heart - I give you deep thanks for your presence with me - deep within me - with me in everything - I look to you when it’s difficult - I pray to you when I’m under attack - you rescue me in your time with your plan - help me to be patient and to trust completely in your way - you are coming again - but I rest assured in your coming now to me here and in this place - I look around and you are everywhere - great and awesome and your creation is amazing -- be with me this day as I move out from here - lead and guide me and teach me your wisdom on the way. --- Amen

No comments: