Wednesday, February 09, 2005

February 9th Reflection

Wednesday 2/9/2005
Hebrews 6.13-20 - Gods’ promise and blessing are sure and truthful - God doesn’t tell lies - so we can take hope and anchor ourselves in his promise of everlasting life through Jesus.
Exodus 1-2 - The Israelites became a powerful and numerous people in Egypt and the Egyptians started to worry about them - they are too many - if we battle they may join the enemy - so the Egyptians made the Israelites slaves - but the Israelites continued to prosper- so they decided to kill the baby boys -- one day a princess was taking a bath in the river and noticed a baby in a basket crying amongst the reeds -then pulled it out of the water - had an Israelite woman take care of the baby then came back and adopted the baby and named him Moses -- Moses grew up inside the palaces of Egypt - one day he swa a couple of Hebrews fighting and went to break up the fight - the Hebrews didn’t respect Moses because earlier Moses has seen an Egyptian beating a Hebrew and Moses killed the Egyptian -- so these two guy that were fighting thought Moses would now kill them -- but Moses didn’t think anyone knew that he killed that first Egyptian- Moses was scared and ran away - me met Jethro and strayed with him and eventually married his daughter Zopporah. -- So the basket and the ater makes me thing of tow things - Noah and the flood - basket and ark and also my baptism - god pulls me out of the water - I’m dunked into my sinful life and pulled into another life through God’s ever-flowing life giving water.-- So where is Jesus in this - I see a similarity in how the king was trying to eliminate the baby boys for fear of the Israelites becoming powerful just like Herod tried to eliminate the baby boys for fear of a new king in Jesus -- I see the Jesus baptism story - and Moses be called as a baby by God - selected to rescue his people - Jesus sent to rescue all people.
Psalm 40 - God will pull me out of the mud and let me stand- pray for help - He will give you a new song a new attitude and I will praise him - God wants me to please him - not offer sacrifices - please God -
See the glory of Jesus on the mountain. Listen to him. Change your ways and let Christ’s love ignite his light in you for all the world to see Jesus saving grace.
I commend my body, soul and all I have to God
Matthew 6.1-6, 16-21 - have a close personal relationship with God- one that doesn’t need to be paraded about in front of others - like look at me I’m a Christian - neyaa neyaa -- I think that makes other people want to puke and God want to puke too -- don’t be phony - just be personal with God and act humbly.
John 16.7-11 - Receive the Sprit - learn - recognize my sin- repent and act on that saving grace
Psalm 1 - Be happy and feed on that life-giving baptismal water.
Prayer- Lord it’s the bottom of the week - as I bow my head in prayer this morning - I can’t see any lower - In my pit this morning I’ve hit rock bottom - but as I hear your life giving word of forgiveness for my sins I raise my eyes and look up - look up and see how I am surrounded by the glory of mountains on all sides - with your cloud of saving grace at the peaks of each of those mountains- you fill me with hope - you fill me with awe - you display your beauty to me and energize me to begin that climb - at the bottom - on the climb and at the top - you are with me - Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: