Tuesday, February 08, 2005

February 8th Reflection

Tuesday 2/8/2005
Hebrews 4.14-6.12 - Jesus was truly human - he was tempted just like I am but he did not sin - so I can boldly go to the throne of God when I am in need and God will treat me with undeserved kindness and help me - oh the power of prayer - because Jesus was the sacrifice for my sins - he is my high priest and my sacrifice all in one - it was the suffering that made Jesus perfect - so suffering for me is easier in knowing that God still chooses me - become mature in faith - talk about why I need to turn from sin and change - face it - talk about faith and the meaning it has - don’t turn from God - it’s the same as nailing Jesus on the cross - if I have experienced the power of the Spirit and still turn away - I have purposely chosen to leave God and will be condemned to death- God is forgiving but also doesn‘t play around - the choice is mine- choose to repent, turn to God - don‘t walk away- help others - show others love- keep faith and hope and act on your faith.
Genesis 49-50 - Jacob blesses his sons -- kind of -- since Reuben slept with Jacob’s wife it wasn’t such a blessing - more of a curse - and Simeon and Levi who took revenge on the rape of Dinah were cursed with their people being scattered - Levi tribe became the priests which didn’t really have land but were dispersed among the tribes and Simeon was absorbed into Judah -- but Judah to me is the most interesting - this is the tribe that King David and Jesus came from - it’s interesting that Judah was the son of Jacob and Leah - not Jacob and Rachel - Rachel always seemed to be the favored one -- anyway in Jacob’s blessing I see Jesus - “you will be praised by your brothers� - “as you defeat your enemies�-death and sin -- “you are a lion� - reminds me of C.S. Lewis children’s books - “You will have power and rule� -- “you will wash your clothes in wine� -- blood of sacrifice - even a mention of tying the donkey up. -- Then Jacob dies and finally the death of Joseph.
Psalm 39 - I depend on you, Lord! Save me from my sins.
See the glory of Jesus on the mountain. Listen to him. Change your ways and let Christ’s love ignite his light in you for all the world to see Jesus saving grace.
Know your sins are forgiven
2 Corinthians 5.20b-6.10 - Jesus suffering-death and resurrection has freed me to live for him -- even in pain and suffering - I can and will rejoice
Revelation 1.1-8 - Jesus freed us with his blood - look!- he is coming - look!- he is with you now!
Psalm 91 - It’s a battle - those who love God - God will deliver - God will protect - God will be there in times of trouble- God will rescue
Prayer - Jesus - you are my human brother no doubt - you came and experienced my life - my temptations and died for all of my sin - I depend fully on you - I can’t save myself - but with your freedom I give you thanks - Lord - I come before you today a sinner - forgive my sin - be good to me and send me out into your world - I depend on you - for you will save me from my sins -- look! - I see you are here - yet in a little while I will say - look! - he is coming in the clouds -you will come to rescue in so many ways - I look forward to that final day of rescue - but in the meantime - I’m here to love your children like you have loved me - I depend on you -send me now today with your gracious blessing. -- Amen

No comments: