Monday, February 07, 2005

February 7th Reflection

Monday 2/7/2005
Hebrews 3.1-4.13 - The writer talks about how Jesus is greater than Moses - like the builder of the house deserves more honor than the house - Moses was a faithful servant and did what he was told but Jesus is in charge - then on to how faith in God is the source of what we hold on to - how the Israelites wandering in the desert lost faith - how God wants us to have faith in him and if we don’t have faith we may not enter the place of rest.- this whole idea of rest is related to God’s rest after creation - the rest of the Israelites when they finally reached the Promised Land and Christian “rest� in heaven with God.- this conquest of rest is only made possible through Jesus saving acts - the Israelites found out that due to their lack of faith they really didn’t have that “rest� they were seeking -- the “rest� all depends on God in Jesus - not some act of our own.
Genesis 48 - Jacob is soon to die - Joseph brings his sons, Ephraim and Manasseh - Jacob blesses them - but in a peculiar but not so peculiar way - he blesses the younger over the older child -- this seems to be a theme over and over again in Genesis and the OT -- God always acts in unexpected ways.
Psalm 38 - god knows all my deepest desires and all my groans -This Psalmist is sick and needs God’s healing - God is the one who saves
See the glory of Jesus on the mountain. Listen to him. Change your ways and let Christ’s love ignite his light in you for all the world to see Jesus saving grace.
Don’t torture yourself with imaginary sins
Joel 2.1-2, 12-17 - Shout it out - make an announcement - the day of the LORD is coming - return to God - turn around - change - hurry up!!!- quit fooling around!
Romans 16.17-20 - Serve God - not myself
Psalm 73 - Go into the sanctuary of God and listen - perceive the solution to things from God
Prayer - Jesus - it’s time to change - it’s time to repent and change - to see your great light from the mountain - but it’s also time to move - it’s time to go - it’s time to act - it’s time to move into my world - it’s time to move into your world - lead me this week - forgive my sin and guide me this week - let me free to show the light of your salvation - to point to that mountain where your great light has shone - but to also point to the light you send into the darkness of the world - to follow your light throughout the week till once again I return to you -- through this week I will always feel your presence - I know you are here with me and will listen listen listen -- I gotta go now -- you lead - I’ll follow --- Amen

No comments: