Sunday, February 13, 2005

February 12th Reflection

Saturday 2/12/2005
Hebrews 9.1-22 - I like this connection with the OT -- how it relates past with present and future- The description of the most holy place - the ark - in it were the 10 Commandments- a gold jar filled with manna and Aarons walking stick -- the cherubim on top -wings spread creating the mercy seat of God where God sat on his earthly throne - only the high priest could enter this area of the tabernacle and then only one time a year to make a communal offering for everyone’s sins--here we are talking about an earthly tabernacle - an outward expression on an outward thing - the priest sprinkling the blood of the sacrifice on the outside of the people - on the outside of the altar - on the outside of the tabernacle -- but since Jesus there is a new tabernacle - that of my heart - Jesus sprinkles his blood on the inside of my heart - on the inside of my spirit - on the inside of me - Jesus heals and saves me from the inside out -- with his power and grace from the inside -- I cannot save myself by anything I do on the outside -- I can only be saved by what Jesus has already done for me on the inside- but then with this saving grace of Jesus on my inside - I am free to act in service and love for the living God on my outside and released into God’s kingdom - free-happy-passionate about God’s love for all-into the world to show and point all others to Jesus saving grace available to each person -- but then the power of verse 9b “It shows that we cannot make our consciences clear by offering gifts and sacrifices.� -- We can’t save ourselves -- we depend solely and completely on Jesus act of sacrifice and his saving grace -- Jesus went once and for all time into that most holy place - offered himself as the sacrifice for our sin forever. Jesus became the eternal sacrifice - his blood makes our consciences clear - not anything I can do - only what Jesus has already done for me- this releases me to “serve the living God and no longer do things that lead to death.�-- the new covenant is like a will - the person who made the will must die before the will comes into effect -Jesus death brought me the gifts of his will - life and God’s eternal blessings! -- How loving and powerful God is -- Thanks be to God! - this has to be one of the best and most concise passages of the good news written.
Exodus 6.28-8.32 - Here come the plagues - a few miracles before the beginning of the plagues which were matched by the Egyptian magicians -- but finally with the gnats - the magicians were beyond there powers - this is truly coming from God -- but the King of Egypt is stubborn - he won’t let the Israelites go to worship their God in the wilderness.
Proverbs 2 - think what it means to have common sense - search for wisdom - respect and know God - all wisdom comes from God - so does common sense and understanding - live an honest life
See the glory of Jesus on the mountain. Listen to him. Change your ways and let Christ’s love ignite his light in you for all the world to see Jesus saving grace.
Return to God -- Yet even now - God is with me -- through it all- I will return to him with all my heart
Hmmm
A Luther Prayer I need forgiveness on
O Lord, come to me and use my bread, silver, and gold. How very well they are spent if I spend thin in your service. Amen.
Don’t use God’s name to curse, swear, lie or deceive but call on him in prayer, praise, and thanksgiving -- I like you the negative is turned into a positive action
Romans 5.12-19 - Men! -- Good and Bad! -- Adam - sin - Jesus- grace/salvation - Thanks be to God! - it’s free!
Romans 1.16-17 - I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel - how could I be -- it is salvation! -- yell it out for others to hear - hurry up - time is running out!
Psalm 24 - Rather - open my heart oh God -- that the King of glory may come in - I lift up my heart to the Lord that Jesus may come in
Prayer - There it is again - inside out - yes my temple on the inside - fill it with the cloud of your spirit - fill it with your love - fill it with your wisdom - then move out - give my body strength in service to you - give my mind clarity in your Word - give my voice strength to proclaim your Word to the world - then send me out into the world - with your graceful healing and salvation working from the inside out - send me out to show your love to others - to live your love with others- to act in ways that help - to give - to earn money to help your children in this world and to proclaim the wonderful gift that you have given to all people in your son Jesus - all can be healed and saved - yes - from the inside out - Thanks be to God!--- Amen

No comments: