Sunday, February 27, 2005

February 27th Reflection

Sunday 2/27/2005

Matthew 7 - I need to work on myself before I give others advice - especially if I have my own issues to deal with- maybe the better thing than all that advice is to just tell how it is for me then the other person can take it or leave it - talk to God - ask him for anything - search out the answer - listen carefully - God does respond - it’s easy to go down the wrong path - be diligent in prayer and devotion - praise and worship - fellowship with other Christians and stay on the correct path - listen for God’s lead - Watch out for those that try to mislead - they sound good but aren’t -listen to the words of Jesus - his advice is as sound as a rock- Jesus told his messages so honestly that people were confused

Exodus 37-38 - Bezalel - one talented tradesman- put together much of the sacred objects and the temple -- I think of George Lepisto --the thought of the mercy seat - above the ark - on the wings of two cherubim - God is present with his people -- in the midst of them - the sacred tent was set up in the middle of all the tribal tents - God is present in the center of his people -just like today --God is present in the center of my being - in my heart he rules

Proverbs 17 - our thoughts are tested by the LORD - a sensible person accepts correction - You will always have trouble if you are mean to those who are good to you - a friend is always a friend - If you are cheerful, you feel good; if you are sad, you hurt all over-seems like a real mixed bag of advice

God’s greatest plans are still to come. I may not see the plan but I must respond to the call - take the risk and use the gifts God gives with a promise in my call to serve.

How will I respond to God’s awesome gift of salvation -- I will rejoice and join in the party!

Jesus gave an example of how to pray - use it with deep meaning in your heart

John 4.5-42 - Jesus and a woman - water and a well - words and spirit - spirit and eternal life - Jesus love is so deep he crosses all the cultural barriers of the day - a woman - a Samaritan woman - and a conversation that moves from thirst to the waters of baptism that will come from that eternal spring of water gushing up to eternal life - give me this love - give me this water - give me this conversation - give me this teaching -- see the response of the woman to Jesus gift of salvation - she ran and told - others came to see - others receive the gift of salvation -- how shall I respond - it’s time to love others so deeply that show Jesus love for them and tell!

2 Corinthians 1.18-25 - Stand firm in the faith

Psalm 70 - Help me! - You are my help and my deliverer

Prayer - Lord today I can’t help but think of prayers by trees and rocks and around some wood - those rocks - those rocks you can sit on - I can pray to you with a foundation of your Word - your hope - your living water - your salvation - through you and that foundational rock - by that tree - sitting on that wood - I can pray to you with your foundation of the pain and suffering you endured on some wood years ago - just for me - just for this world I live in - just for my friends - just for each one of us you gave your life and gave all of us salvation - I think of your conversation with a woman by a well - by that gushing water- how you teach - how you comfort - how you reveal yourself in the day to day things - how you show the miracles all around that if we just open our eyes we see you everywhere - and we hear your word - we hear your music - we hear the sounds of your creation of life - all creation singing praises to you - then those smells - those temple smells come in church - come in walks through the woods -come from farms - all life - alive and active in you - that eternal life - those feelings and emotions that you plant so deeply in my heart that bring praise to you - that listen to you - that hear you - that cry out to you - that sing to you of your glory and that heart of thanks I have for you and the deep deep deep love you freely show to all the world -- send me out this week with your love - send me out with all my senses to run and tell those in my world of the wonderful things - of the wonderful life you have in store for those who repent - turn around and see your saving glory -- you are God! -- Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: