Sunday, February 06, 2005

February 6th Reflection

Sunday 2/6/2005
Hebrews 2 - Pay attention - don’t drift away - I like this - “Somewhere in the Scriptures someone says to God….� -- not all that haughty Bible stuff - he just know it well enough that he knows it is in there - Jesus died for everyone - everyone - everything belongs to God- I tend to forget this - Jesus led many of God’s children to be saved - they didn’t save themselves - Jesus led them - lead me also! - Jesus can help me when I’m tempted to sin
Genesis 46.28-47.31 - So Joseph takes his family to meet the King of Egypt - everyone is happy and they settle in the land of Goshen - a good land for shepherds - the famine continues and people use up all their money and have to sell their land for food - but the plan of God revealed to Joseph goes on - Jacob is now on his deathbed
Psalm 37 - Trust the LORD - the land will be yours - It is better to live right and to be poor than to be sinful and rich - The LORD will hold your hand and if you stumble, you still won’t fall
God has simply told us how to respond to his saving grace - do justice- love kindness- walk humbly with God
Walk in the crowds of death and life and see the gift of life in those who follow Jesus
Examine yourself -smell the stench of your sin - repent and ask for forgiveness
Matthew 17.1-9 - Jesus was transfigured - his face shone like the sun - There was Moses and Elijah - a bright cloud covered them - This is my Son, the Beloved; with him I am well pleased; listen to him! -- Get up! - don’t be afraid- As they were coming down the mountain Jesus told them not to tell - let every one experience Jesus transfiguration themselves - deep inside of them - Jesus heals from the inside out- he will come to each of us with some of his friends and everything will change!-- listen to Him!
Numbers 21.4-9 - man can I complain about things too - God can make things allot worse if he wants - I need to learn to trust in God and focus on Jesus and the cross
Psalm 50 - Our God comes and does not keep silence - offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving- call on God when I’m in trouble
Prayer - Jesus - you come today to my door - with your friends and my friends too - you invite me out into that sunny day - that bright and powerful sunny day to experience the world you and I live in - to experience a world I live in with you and friends- let’s go out and play - when I fall and bruise or cut myself - pick me up - when my feelings get hurt have compassion on me - when my friends fall and get hurt show me how to have compassion on them - how to love them with your love - how to show them your light and your love and your heart - as we play in this world of light you bring me into - let’s draw a whole bunch of other friends along - let’s walk to that cross together- hand in hand - carry each other’s cross when needed - help each other in the pain the world dishes out - but knowing all along that this path- you have gone on before - you have conquered this path - you have defeated death - you have defeated sin and evil and the devil and we can now walk this same path you lead us on with life and hope and thanksgiving - the pain is nothing knowing all this - help me to lift my friends and to love them with you - let’s go out into that bright and sunny day together -Let’s go to the top of that mountain and praise God and focus on the love given and the salvation given on that cross with that huge heart on it- let’s go to the beach and feel your power in the waves of the ocean and praise God for all of creation and your saving grace in those endless washing of that life-giving water washing into my world - washing into my friends world and washing straight to the deep center of our being - for you are there - you wash me from the inside out - you heal me and forgive me from the inside out- It will be great to watch my friends feel your love coming from deep inside themselves - just like you want - that bright an sunny day- that warm comforting day on the beach - that fantastic mountain top view- just you and a few friends and the world to follow - that path to the cross - thanks! -- Amen

No comments: