Thursday, February 17, 2005

February 17th Reflection

Thursday 2/17/2005
Hebrews 12 - Keep my eyes on Jesus - keep my mind on Jesus -- that is the vision - that is the direction for all my actions - Jesus leads the way - follow the leader - sometimes God will need to correct me and will -this is all for good - if he wasn’t correcting me- then I should worry - use this as an example of how to discipline my own children -- correct but accept them in love -- listen to God and follow his commands for through Jesus I have a new covenant - I am saved from sin and death and can now live in true life with God in service to him and one another all in love.
Exodus 16-17 - The Israelites complain of lack of food - God sends them manna - what is it? - bread from heaven - God still sends us manna -- that saving bread from heaven through his Son Jesus - but they had to eat this bread - day to day - you couldn’t store it up - I depend on the same bread of life - day to day - I must relive my baptism daily and repent and ask forgiveness -- then water - grumble about water--
God sent the water from a rock -- water of my baptism -- water combined with God’s Word - calls me from the Rock - that Cornerstone of your Faith - Jesus once again bathes me in the saving water of salvation - washes my sins away - pours that water all over me - head to toe- can’t you feel that water washing over during confession? - pay attention - after the manna-bread-body-Jesus -- and the waster from that Rock of Jesus and the washing and forgiveness of my sins - I am sent out to battle - a leader - raise my hands to God - keep them up their - even and always while under persecution - while under hurtful words - while under conflict - while emotionally wounded -- keep those arms up in praise to God - only God can rescue me -- and I must trust completely in God -- keep those arms up and if need be have a couple of friends come by and help you keep your arms up in praise when you get tired - what are friends for?
Proverbs 7.6-27 - Don’t give in to my sexual desires with a prostitute - sex is a gift from God and not to be a selfish act of pleasure and a gift of love between two people and God. - Don’t be the animal I want to be.
Struggle with temptation is good. Rely on the Word and feel the temptation but turn from the sin and face God.
I wished him dead - but he gave me the money - is this my sunrise or sunset -- Forgive me Jesus for hanging you on that tree - I wished you dead - thank you Jesus for saving me not with silver or gold but with your precious blood and live- you gave me the money -- you have given ma a sunrise and a new life to live this day in praise and service and trust in you -this is my sunrise not by sunset - I will turn to you - Thanks be to God!
Help others improve and protect their property and means of making a living
Psalm 121 - I lift my eyes to the hills -- I can see where my help comes from - God keeps me and protects and saves me.
Ephesians 4.25-32 - Let no evil talk come out of my mouth but only the good building up talk - may my words give grace to those who hear them - put away bitterness and wrath and anger and wrangling and slander - but turn it around and be kind to others, tenderhearted, forgiving as Jesus did for me.
Psalm 30 - Cry and pray to God - he hears - he won’t let that pain last forever - and when you have been acknowledged by God - listen - obey and sing praises and give thanks
Prayer - Jesus the focus is on you - the bread of life - the manna from heaven - for you came to us as your children - you feed us daily with your saving grace and your body and blood - I am eternally thankful -- then you continually heap upon me through the Rock of salvation that life giving water- that ever-flowing water form your Rock of Salvation - that day after day I may bathe in your water and feel it pour over my whole body from my head to my feet - this water that frees me to go out into the world in which you send me - to hold my hands high in praise to you - to meet the battles and persecutions and unkind words of this life with the trust and hope in your salvation - for only though you are my battles won - may I this day rush to the aid of a friend or friends who need the help - who are tired of this worldly persecution and hold their hand high for them in praise to you divine love and healing - and as we receive your grace may we slowly look around at the hills surrounding us and see your glory -- for on those mountains where you reside and in our hearts where you reside we find - that is where our help comes form - from you - the source of all life - you won’t let the pain last forever - for you are a kind and gentle parent -- teach me to hear, listen, obey, follow and respond to your love this day. Amen

No comments: