Monday, February 14, 2005

February 14th Reflection

Monday 4/12/2005
Hebrews 10.19-39 - Through Jesus I can now enter the most holy place with confidence that comes from faith - Jesus is the curtain - by coming together often we can encourage each other to be thoughtful and helpful.-don’t fall out of the habit of worship together - we need this - we need to come together and build each other’s faith and love in Christ.
Exodus 11-12 - So now it comes to the death of the first born - the Israelite Passover meal - the smearing of blood on the door posts -- the anguish of the Egyptians- the begging of the people to leave - the mass of people leaving Egypt in a hurry - God’s plan unfolding - yet death - yet pain- yet chaos - yet plan - God’s plan can look so different from what we expect- go with it anyway
Proverbs 4 - I like how Wisdom is portrayed as a woman - it’s true - a woman will make you stop and think and in that reflection lies the wisdom
Return to God -- Yet even now - God is with me -- through it all- I will return to him with all my heart
Struggle with temptation is good. Temptation is based on good things. Rely on the Word and feel the temptation but turn from the sin and face God.
Respect, obey , love and serve your parents and others in authority
John 2.1-12 - Water into wine -- this is what Jesus did for me -- water-baptism - wine-blood -- Jesus calls me in the waters of my baptism and saves me in the wine of his blood -- thanks be to God for the water into wine!
1 Peter 1.18-21; 2.1-3 - I was ransomed with the precious blood of Christ - clean up my act and feed off Jesus
Psalm 119.97-104 - know the law and respond to it gladly because of what Jesus has already done
Prayer - Jesus you are my curtain - but you have come into my life and opened up the most holy place for me to enter in faith - only through you can I approach - you forgive my sin and set me free to love your world - to love your children and to see the beauty of YOU in all creation - there are miracles al around - and then simple but revealing messages of water into wine - thanks for my baptism and thanks for your blood and sacrifice for those sins that you did not deserve punishment for -- send me out this day into a world where your plan unfolds and honor me with being assigned a task in that plan - give me the courage and faith to follow and serve you this day and this week - In your name --- Amen

No comments: