Friday, February 04, 2005

February 4th Reflection

Friday 2/4/2005
Luke 24.13-53 -Today they aren’t sure where Emmaus - but I want to walk that road with a Christian friend - I want to feel the presence of Jesus on that walk - I want to walk and talk about how we understand Jesus - I want to walk and talk about our faith - about God - about prayer - about theology - about how we can see God all over the place - hear God in so many things - talk about the miracles of God we see right before our eyes - I want to hear God speak in and through that other person - I want God to speak in and through me -- and when we’re done with this walk - let’s take communion - and think of that communion with all the saints - who are they and make Jesus and the saints all real - I want to sit down with the Bible and look for all things about Jesus throughout the Old and the New Testaments -- then give a prayer of thanks for Jesus salvation topped off - the Jesus command of what we must no do -- and as we leave - we leave to fulfill with the power of the Holy Spirit to do God’s will and fulfill God’s plan -- not my own.

Genesis 44 - So they get ready to leave - Joseph has a cup buried in Benjamin’s grain sack without Benjamin knowing it -- the brothers leave and Joseph sends a servant to track the brothers down and look for the cup -- the brothers know they are innocent so say whoever has the cup - kill him and the rest of us will be your slave -- the servant says - no - I’ll just take the one who has the cup as a slave -- well - it’s in Benjamin’s sack -- back to Joseph -- Judah begs Joseph to take the place of Benjamin for love of his father Jacob - Joseph has taken this thing pretty far now -- it’s beginning to seem mean to me - it’s time to stop the games and face the issues with his brothers head on

Psalm 35 - Help me God in the battle - protect me and fight for me - I can’t win this on my on - only with you - only you save me as I fight by your side

God has simply told us how to respond to his saving grace - do justice- love kindness- walk humbly with God

Walk in the crowds of death and life and see the gift of life in those who follow Jesus

Believe - don’t doubt - that you sins are forgiven by God in heaven

Exodus 24.12-18 - God told Moses to come up to him on the mountain - he has some instructions for him -So Moses took his buddies with him - a cloud covered the mountain - it was God - Moses entered the cloud and stayed there a long time -- I want to take that hike- I want to get those instructions - what a climax to a hike- what a conversation coming back down - what a life to live at the bottom of that mountain - how exciting can it get!

1 Peter 2.9-12 - I am chosen to proclaim the mighty acts of God - who has called me out of darkness and into his light- I am a child of God - I have received his mercy - I must absain from the desires of the flesh and wage was against it - conduct myself honorably and glorify God

Psalm 139.1-18 -Lord- you know me - really know me - before I am you knew me - after I die you know me - God you know me - you really know me- I am yours - only yours

Prayer - Wow - Jesus you know me - you know how to take a walk with me - even when I don’t recognize you- you are with me - you know how to open the scriptures and reveal yourself to me in them throughout all of God’s Word - help me this day to see you in my world - to recognize you in the face of others I see - to hear your words in the words of others I meet - to follow your command - to hear your sweet soft voice -that waking voice and heed the command or instruction or encouragement or praise it brings - it’s all about you - it’s all about our walk together - then you really reveal yourself in that dinner - in that giving of your body and blood - that bread and wine - the realization of all you have done to save me - you gave yourself for me - how can I respond to such great and awesome love - I give myself to you - nothing on this earth matters but my relationship with you - I’m yours - take me in that cloud - on top of that mountain - make the climb up that mountain a tough one - make it so that when I get to the top I am completely tired of myself - that I know I can’t save myself - take me in your cloud - wrap me with your love and show me that I need you to save me - to rescue me from the impossible self driven journey I impose on myself- fill me with your spirit in that cloud - show me your kingdom - show me your glory and call me into you - call me into your kingdom with your instructions - then send me back to my world - down the mountain to the place I exist - all excited - all pumped up - all enthusiastic to take your saving grace to a hurting world and to create a stream of people up that mountain - to that cloud you exist - for you sent that mountain - that cloud down to earth in your son Jesus Christ - You came to me and everyone - we can’t came to you - but your power is like a mighty magnet drawing the world ever closer to you - a magnet that makes the path to you so easy - just feel the pull you give and let it happen -- you are mighty and powerful and great - you are God -- Thanks be to God!! -- Amen

No comments: