Friday, February 25, 2005

February 24th Thoughts

I was thinking about Jesus going to the mountain to prayall night - I like mountains allot - but I have also been on a mountain inthe dark - one time while hiking the Smokys with Steve Getter we misjudged the time and didn't make it back quite in time before dark -- we just barelymade it before it was pitch black -- you can't get around on a trail in thedark like that without some light-- it is real scary! -- so I'm thinkingabout Jesus going up that mountain to pray -- yea - I've prayed on themountain before too - it's a great experience and the closeness to God wasprofound for me -- but all night in the dark? -- then I think of how I thinkof Jesus as the light of the world - how he was present at the creation - nolight - big deal - nature and animals in the dark -- big deal -- I want togo to that mountain with Jesus and pray all night in the dark and then goout in the morning and do something big like start a ministry.

No comments: