Sunday, February 13, 2005

February 13th Reflection

Sunday 2/13/2005
Hebrews 9.23-10.18 - When Jesus comes again - it will not be to take away sin - he has already don this - it will be to save everyone who is waiting for him - I’m waiting! - I don’t need to think I need to be good and sacrifice myself for God - Jesus already did this - now I am free to serve God - there is a difference - a slight twist here that is so important to understand - otherwise we may sacrifice our lives to God and think we are doing all these good things but really we are just trying to be good to become God’s ourselves - this we can’t do - Jesus is the sacrifice - not me -- but in his sacrifice - I am free to give my life to God cause there is no longer need for sacrifice - Jesus has already saved me -- so when was I saved? - way back when! -- the question more important is - when did I believe and act on this great gift of salvation - some can remember a time - others it is a slow growing realization and then an aha! Moment when they just know what the grace of God means in their lives - vs. 14 “By his one sacrifice he has forever set free from sin the people he brings to God.� -- he brings to God - God comes to me - draws me in - I can’t go to him - he comes to me - he comes inside this world -- heals this world inside out! -- then personally vs. 16-17 “When the time comes, I will make an agreement with them. I will write my laws on their minds and hearts. Then I will forget about their sins and no longer remember their evil deeds.�--personally God heals again from the inside out! -- vs. 18 “When sins are forgiven, there is no more need to offer sacrifices.� -- Thanks be to God for Jesus final sacrifice and my salvation - way back then - open the eyes of my heart Lord - I want to see you!
Exodus 9-10 - OK - we start ticking off the plagues - dead animals, sores, hailstones, locusts and darkness -- How many times am I stubborn with God -- God show these miracles and the King is stubborn -- well - look around - God’s miracles are all around - how does a blade of grass grow - why is there light - what’s up with electricity -- but sometimes I don’t recognize God -- how stubborn can I be -- I need to go worship now -- on the mountain of God - see ya!
Proverbs 3 - Let love and loyalty always show like a necklace; and write them in your mind - trust God with all my heart - let God lead me - respect God and stay away from evil - Give God my money - God corrects everyone he loves just like a parent - it’s ok and good to be corrected - it’s love - value wisdom - use common sense and sound judgment - help others - do all you can
See the glory of Jesus on the mountain. Listen to him. Change your ways and let Christ’s love ignite his light in you for all the world to see Jesus saving grace.
Return to God -- Yet even now - God is with me -- through it all- I will return to him with all my heart
Don’t neglect God’s Word and the preaching of it but regard it as holy and gladly hear and learn it.
Matthew 4.1-11 - Jesus fasted and the devil tempted him with food - but this fasting discipline caused Jesus to depend on God to resist temptation - again later he told the devil - don’t test God - serve and depend and trust in God -- even at your weakest moments!
Psalm 5 - In the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I plead my case to you, and watch
Prayer - Jesus- you did it - you saved me - you gave me life - I know you are close and within me - for you heal me inside out - you love me inside out- you are with me inside out - as the out of the devil begins to temp me at my weakest moments - let me feel the inside - your spirit of love and grance and resist that temptation and turn that temptation on it’s head- inside out -- Feed me on the inside with your bocy-blood-loyalty-wisdom-understanding and most of all love -- teach me how to take all these gifts out - to the world I live in to your glory and honor -- In Jesus name alone --- Amen

No comments: