Tuesday, February 01, 2005

February 1st Reflection

Tuesday 2/1/2005
Luke 23.1-25 - Pilate can’t find any reason to have Jesus put to death - but the people led by the Jewish leaders have pressured him to do something - they are even bringing false accusations to try to stir the pot up - Pilate finds out that Jesus came from Galilee and knowing that Herod is in town for the Passover - Pilate sends Jesus to Herod -- well Herod knows about Jesus and wants to see him - but it’s more of a novelty - he wants to see Jesus perform a miracle like Jesus is some sort of side show - Herod sends Jesus back to Pilate-- Pilate eventually succumbs to the wishes of the Jewish people and agrees to set Barabbas free and have Jesus crucified -- so- how many times have I wanted to see Jesus just to see a miracle - how many times have I wanted to lay my sin somewhere else - have someone else take my place - it happens - it’s wrong and I need forgiven just as much as those people then need forgiveness- In fact the world needs forgiven -- turn to God - see the Christ - see the sacrifice and accept the gift!- but get on your knees first and be humble and repent
Genesis 41 - So the King of Egypt has a couple of dreams that no one can figure out -- the Cup Bearer remembers Joseph and suggests Joseph be called out of prison - Joseph tells the King the meanings of the dreams -there will be plenty then famine -- someone needs to prepare for the famine years - the King selects Joseph to be Governor of Egypt -- from the pit or prison to ruler goes Joseph - all due to God’s ability to speak to Joseph the meaning of dreams- not something of Joseph’s doing but God’s - Joseph was willing to give himself to God and let God use him for God’s plan - I need to give myself to God for God’s plan
Psalm 32 - God blesses by saying , “You told my your sins, without trying to hide them, and now I forgive you.� - God takes my guilt away - I will worship and praise God - I will always pray to God when I sin - God puts songs in my heart because he has saved me - God will show me the road to follow - he will teach me- I won’t be stupid about it - but listen and go down that path trusting in God
God has simply told us how to respond to his saving grace - do justice- love kindness- walk humbly with God
Walk in the crowds of death and life and see the gift of life in those who follow Jesus
Given and shed for you for the forgiveness of sins -- Jesus act was so powerful!
Hebrews 2.14-18 - I am no longer a slave to death - Jesus has set me free- my sins are forgiven
1 Corinthians 15.20-23 - Christ died and Christ rose - be alive in Christ
Prayer - Jesus thank you for the suffering you endured for me - thank you for the rejection and the humiliation that you endured for me - you didn’t deserve any of this - yet I do the same to you - day after day and need to be forgiven - to be spun around - forgive me I pray - then you faithfully show your glory all around me - help me this day as I follow that plan and path you have set before me - for you are God - you are mighty - you are recognized through creation and in creation - all life is in you - all glory is in you - all interpretation is yours- you save me daily that I may be alive - So thanks be to God for the happiness you give - today I place all my trust in you - I’m at your service. Amen

No comments: