Sunday, February 06, 2005

February 5th Reflection

Saturday 2/5/2005
Hebrews 1 - God created the universe by his son - everything will someday belong to the Son - Jesus washed away our sins - God chose his Son - Angels are merely spirits sent to serve people who are going to be saved
Genesis 45.1-46.27 - Now Joseph with his brothers finally got to him - he broke down - cried - and told his brothers who he was- there was a great reunion after the initial shock - the brothers were sent back home with many gifts to bring their father to Egypt to live- Jacob packed up and left - on the way God spoke to Jacob and assured him this was the way to go - how nice it must have been for Jacob - his son was alive - and he knew he was doing what God had planned for him -- In the same way God gave me his son Jesus -- he is alive and as I follow his call I can be sure that I’m doing what God has planned- when I think of God’s plan in the lives of people - it’s amazing to see how it works so differently - think of the differences in how God used Jacob-Joseph and me -- then think of the similarities- and you never really know what will be next!- but it will all turn for good if I only let God use me and not turn my back and walk away.
Psalm 36 - Hate sin - God’s love is faithful - I can depend on God - the life giving fountain belongs to God
God has simply told us how to respond to his saving grace - do justice- love kindness- walk humbly with God
Walk in the crowds of death and life and see the gift of life in those who follow Jesus
Confess your sins before God and in private with others as needed.
2 Peter 2.16-21 - This is my Son with whom I am well pleased- be attentive to this as a lamp in the dark - focus on Jesus -- don’t blink - don’t flinch- no prophecy or scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by human will, but men and women moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God. Look for God in the movement of the Spirit in others - God is there - God is in the scripture interpreted by the Spirit -- See God all over the place - listen -follow - act- test it all with the Spirit
Hebrews 1.1-3 - Long ago God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son -- I don’t know why - but I love those words - well maybe I do know why - Jesus is personal - he speaks deep within the heart - he forgives and saves - can’t do anything without him- can’t be the hero myself - but can be a hero with him
Psalm 119.41-48 - Trust in God’s Word - love God’s commandments - love God’s plan for me- love God and trust
Prayer - Jesus -how you forgive - how you are everywhere - how creation begins with you - how you love - how you save - how it is to see God’s plan unfold - how it is fun to go on the journey - be willing to go through the desert - be willing to go to Egypt - even knowing that this isn’t the final place you wish me to go - but go anyway - how to depend and trust in you - how to have you by me side - how to do the heroic things you ask - how I can only do those things with you - how to fail and turn back to you - how to accept your forgiveness and move on - how to feel your love deep inside - how to show your love to others in my life - how to live with you - how to be with you - how to know you - how to believe in you- how to see your light - how to feel your warmth - how to have you as my Savior -- how to - how to -- it’s all you -- thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: