Wednesday, February 23, 2005

February 23rd Reflection

Wednesday 2/23/2005
Matthew 5.1-20 - I like how Jesus starts the Blessing - God blesses those who depend only on him -- after all the blessings -- Be happy and excited! -- yea -- God blesses in many ways -- Be happy and excited--let your light shine so that others will see that good that you do and will praise God - search and study the Word and the law and see God’s presence all around
Exodus 28-29 - The priests had special clothing to wear so that they would look dignified before God -- even to the point of bells that would signify their presence before God - a breast piece of stone for all the tribes - everything piece of clothing had some meaning and use - the ordination and sacrifices are really some strange stuff- sounds more like a meat rendering facility -- but it was all commanded and symbolic of God’s presence in life - in blood - in sacrifice -- sets home pretty deep when you think later of Jesus offering of his life and blood.- the blood is used to draw of the impurities - of the sanctuary-the altar and finally the person being ordained-- the blood of Christ draws off my impurities in the forgiveness of my sins
Proverbs 13 - Keep what you know to yourself, and you will be safe; talk too much and you are done for. -- Be sensible and take advice - If you love your children you will correct them-- if this -then that -- the pattern is interesting
I wished him dead - but he gave me the money - is this my sunrise or sunset -- Forgive me Jesus for hanging you on that tree - I wished you dead - thank you Jesus for saving me not with silver or gold but with your precious blood and life- you gave me the money -- you have given me a sunrise and a new life to live this day in praise and service and trust in you -this is my sunrise not my sunset - I will turn to you - Thanks be to God!
God’s greatest plans are still to come. I may not see the plan but I must respond to the call - take the risk and use the gifts God gives with a promise in my call to serve.
We should not torture ourselves with imaginary sins.
Acts 1.15-26 - Someone had to take the place of Judas - another disciple is needed to witness with the other disciples to Jesus resurrection - I think throughout time - God has called those disciples to witness -- you and I
John 5.39-47 - Jesus comes to me -- will I accept him or turn-- God gives me that choice - I accept
Psalm 25 - In God I put my trust and lift up my soul
Prayer - Jesus - your blessing are all around me and come to me in many ways - through friends-family and other Christians and even through animals - creation and unexpected people - thanks for all that you have given me - but even with all theses blessings - I continue to sin and fall short - forgive me and lift me up and restore me in your service - let me be excited and happy once again - let me be that disciple chosen to go and witness your resurrection of life and love to the world that you send me into today. -- Amen

No comments: