Wednesday, February 16, 2005

February 16th Reflection

Wednesday 2/16/2005
Hebrews 11.22-40 - People of faith - all sorts of examples - our faith makes God happy - even though we don’t receive the promise right away I we must have faith - that’s what faith is all about - that trust and hope and belief that God has something very special in his plan and we can depend on God to care for us - even we times are rough- when it doesn’t look like things are working out - have faith - follow God and depend solely on him
Exodus 15 - God had saved his chosen people from death - they responded in song - in joy - in happiness - God saves his people and cares for them -- into the desert Moses led the Israelites - three days until they could find water and when they did the water tasted bitter - the people complained to Moses -God rescued the people again with a miracle - throw a piece of wood into the water - then the water became good -- God saves his people - he saves me in my baptism and he saves me with a piece of wood in that water - a piece of wood that his Son hung and died upon - God saves me in my sin and my grumbling and gives me hope- even though I make that perfect baptismal water bitter with my sin - God threw a piece of wood into that water and turned it all so sweet - I must trust in God and have faith - God saved me with water-wood-blood and through his Son.
Proverbs 6.1-7.5 - Don’t be lazy or careless about what needs to be don - work at it and keep your faith in God - remember my parents instruction and follow the wisdom
Return to God -- Yet even now - God is with me -- through it all- I will return to him with all my heart
Struggle with temptation is good. Rely on the Word and feel the temptation but turn from the sin and face God.
In matters of sex keep my words and conduct pure and honorable.
John 2.23-3.10 - I must be born of water a Spirit - fill me with your Spirit
Romans 5.6-11 - While I was still a sinner - Jesus died for me - Jesus saved me- why? - love -- I will believe-have faith and sing praises
Psalm 20 - My pride is in the name of the LORD God- he will protect and save me
Prayer -Jesus thank you for saving a sinner like me -- I will have faith - I will put all my trust and hope in you - I will sing your praises forever. -- Amen

No comments: