Saturday, January 07, 2006

Fw: January 7th People Reflection


----- Original Message -----
From: <blynch1@cinci.rr.com>
To: <dmsaupe4@cinci.rr.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:20 AM
Subject: January 7th People Reflection

Diane,
Can you send this one out too when you get a chance? -- Thanks,

Bill

Saturday 1/7/2006
Luke 8.26-56-Don?t be upset. Just trust me and everything will be all
right.
Genesis 13-14-So?on your feet, get moving!
Psalm 7-God! God! I am running to you for dear life; the chase is wild.
Acts 19.1-7-Then why were you baptized?
Isaiah 59.21-I promise to give you my Spirit and my message. These
will be my gifts to you and your families forever.
Psalm 111-With all my heart I will thank the LORD when his people meet.

?Every time I come in here I see you.? ? A college friend of Sarah?s-
they went to Germany together with the choir. We were in ?Drips? a
coffee shop in Hickory NC. I asked Sarah if she ever left the coffee
shop since her friend only meets her there. The coffee shop- a special
place- where people meet and greet- where music is played- where
conversations are held- Reminds me of the church- or even better the
buildings where the church meets- all over the place- people meet with
God in their hearts- to worship and praise him ? to give thanks and to
serve him- all over the place and all times- Yesterday after a very
fruitful day of finding an apartment for Sarah- moving her from her
dorm into the apartment and many other tasks- I saw the campus pastor
at Lenoir-Rhyne- Pastor Weisner- I shouted across the street to him
that God was at work today and sorting all of it out. I thought he was
about to serve communion. I really don?t think he was. But he did
anyway. A special communion service with just Sarah, Sue, myself and
Pastor Weisner leading. It was a wonderful mid-day cap to a God filled
day. A day to remember ? not to get upset- a day to trust God and know
that everything will be all right. But also a day to obey God- to get
on our feet and get moving! ? In so many ways- A day to realize that
we run to God for dear life in a wild chase- but also a day to realize
that God makes it all ok- A day to recall my baptism of years ago- a
day that recalls a time when God called me into ministry- as a tiny
baby- God calls me into ministry- a baby who must trust and love God
that he will send his Spirit to lead and guide at just the right time
and in the right places- A day to come back with a message of love and
salvation ? of trust and hope- of beginnings and holy struggles that
God will be present in and with. ?Every time I come in here I see
you.? ? And I?m happy about that- cause I have a friend to tell you
about ? a message to talk about- a life to give.

Prayer- Lord, thank you for your ever presence in life- send me out
with your wonderful message of love, trust and hope to the world. --
Amen

No comments: