Wednesday, January 11, 2006

January 11th People Reflection

Wednesday 1/11/2006

Luke 10.21-42-you’re fussing far too much and getting yourself worked up over nothing. One thing is essential,…it’s the main course….

Genesis 18-God appeared to Abraham….

Psalm 11-God’s business is putting things right

Genesis 4.1-16-So the LORD put a mark on Cain to warn everyone not to kill him.

2 Timothy 1.5-7-The Spirit gives us power, love, and self-control.

Psalm 25-Show me your path and teach me to follow…

"I’ll take a little less than half." – Steph talking about some fish I was cooking. She didn’t want half like I thought. It was the main course. Like Jesus is the main course in life. I need to make sure I keep my focus on life on him- don’t fuss too much with the side dishes- concentrate on the main course. Make sure I pray and listen to Jesus words and guidance. God appeared to Abraham. In the form of a few men one day. God told Abraham that Sarah would have a child by that time next year. Concentrate on the main course. Don’t fuss with all the details of age and all but listen to what God has to say and trust, have faith and believe. God will put things right – just like with Cain- sure God knew what Cain had done- but he asked Cain what happened – I need to confess my sin- own up to it with God – and trust that God will care for me- put a mark on me- well he did put a mark on me- he marked me with the cross of Christ forever – and then I was sent into the world – In baptism the Spirit gives me all I need – all the power, love and self-control--- and yea I’ll fall back- but I come before God day after day and relive that baptism- remembering God’s promise to me- repent and move on- follow God’s path and listen to his teaching and guidance along the way. It’s a journey. It’s a journey where I must keep my focus not on myself- but on the main course. "I’ll take a little less than half." – Focus on the main course and love along the way.

Prayer-Lord, keep my focus on you and your love always. -- Amen

No comments: