Tuesday, January 10, 2006

January 10th People Reflection

Tuesday 1/10/2006

Luke 10.1-20-Not what you do for God but what God does for you---that’s the agenda for rejoicing.

Genesis 17-call her Sarah. I’ll bless her---yes!

Psalm 10-God’s grace and order wins; godlessness loses.

Genesis 3.1-24-The snake was sneakier than any of the other wild animals that the LORD God had made.

Deuteronomy 33.12-The LORD Most High loves you….

Psalm 84-LORD God All-Powerful, you bless everyone who trusts you.

"The dogs are out of food."- Dogs are so dependent. I have to go get some food. Let them out in the yard. Make sure their needs are met. They provide me with company and love in return. It isn’t what I do for God it’s what God does for me. I much like the dogs. So dependent. I need and depend on God to provide for all my needs. It’s not about what I do for God- God doesn’t need me- I need God- It’s about what God does for me – that’s the agenda for rejoicing. For some unexplained reason God takes care of me- God blesses me with all I need. Just like Sarah – blessed- yes! – God’s grace and order wins- It’s about what God does. Yea- the snake is sneaky- and I try to control my life depending on that snake- but it doesn’t work- because it’s not about what I do – it’s about what God does for me- I can’t ever understand it- but God has shown the reason to me- it’s love- real love- the love of God in what he did with Jesus for me- A God who chose to bless all people who trust in him. It’s not about what I do for God- that would never be enough- It’s about what God does for me. "The dogs are out of food." – And thanks be to God he loves me so much he will provide all the food I need- I will trust in him.

Prayer- Lord, I place all my trust and hope in you. -- Amen

No comments: