Sunday, January 29, 2006

January 29th People Reflection

Sunday 12/29/2006

Luke 21-"And then-then!- they’ll see the Son of man welcomed in grand style- a glorious welcome! When all this starts to happen, up on your feet. Stand tall with your heads high. Help is on the way!"

Genesis 38-She’s in the right; I’m in the wrong

Psalm 29-GOD makes his people strong. GOD gives his people peace.

1 Esdras 1.25-33-Josiah, however, did not turn back to his chariot, but tried to fight with him, and did not heed the words of the prophet Jeremiah from the mouth of the Lord.

Mark 1.21-28-News about Jesus quickly spread all over Galilee.

Isaiah 55.12-13-When you are set free, you will celebrate and travel home in peace. Mountains and fills will sing as you pass by, and trees will clap.

Psalm 36.5-10- Your love is faithful, LORD, and even the clouds in the sky can depend on you.

"I just love that scrubber!" – A waitress at Skyline talking about a floor scrubber she bought that made work easier for her. She was really excited about it- telling how great it was- even making one want to see it and try it out. I wonder if people I talk to hear about Jesus from me in this way. I don’t think so. I think this waitress was more convincing about this scrubber than I am about Jesus in my life. That’s just plain wrong! I need and want to talk of Jesus much greater than any scrubber- but I hold back. But in another way – Jesus doesn’t depend on what I think or do. Jesus will come again anyway-in grand style- Jesus speaks for himself- and in realizing his saving power- it’s easier and easier for me to respond how I want to- in public- boldly- loudly. Yea-some of this world will laugh and think I’m silly- but like I said – Jesus speaks for himself- comments by others won’t make a difference. God will give me words to defend my joy and happiness in him- I will realize when I’m in the wrong- repent- and rejoice in God’s strength and peace. I can stop and listen and heed the words of the prophets and most of all the loving Word of Jesus. The news of Jesus will spread-and I want to be part of spreading that news. I will be free to celebrate. Lord, your love is faithful- everything depends on you- let me see and understand- "I just love that scrubber!" – Scrubber? – Pooh- I just love my Lord and Savior!

Prayer-Jesus, hear today my love, praise, thanksgiving and joy in you. You are my Savior and I love you! Let the world hear me tell of you today and always—boldly-confidently-lovingly. Amen

No comments: