Wednesday, January 25, 2006

January 25th People Reflection

Wednesday 1/25/2006

Luke 19.1-27-What business does he have getting cozy with this crook?

Genesis 32-33-Your name is no longer Jacob. From now on it’s Israel (God-Wrestler)

Psalm 25-Show me how you work, GOD; School me in your ways.

Acts 9.1-22-Now get up and go into the city, where you will be told what to do.

1 Corinthians 1.1-10-But God was kind!

Psalm 16-Every good thing I have is a gift from you.

"We found your hard drive and will recover the data."- My computer was swapped out at work and some needed data went with it. But it was found and will be restored. Sometimes I think I have to wrestle with my computer. Make sure that I do things correctly. In my wrestle with my computer I come to realize that most of the time, it is something that I have done that has caused the issue. Seems that in the end the computer is rarely at fault. I just goofed up somehow. I’m like that when I wrestle with God. In the end I just goofed up somehow. But God is kind to me. God forgives me. God even calls me and gives me a new name. Sees right through my sin and my struggle and puts me on his path. Stands me back on my feet. I may be blind at first, but in my blindness God tells me to Go! – and he will lead and guide me if I only trust him- I must trust him- I’m blind after all- then God gives me the joy of sight. And I realize that every good thing I have ever had is a gift from God. God-show me your work- show me your way- school me in your ways. "We found your hard drive and will recover the data."- Set me straight once again Father.

Prayer-Lord, show me your ways and school me today. -- Amen

No comments: