Tuesday, January 24, 2006

January 24th People Reflection

Tuesday 1/24/2006

Luke 18.18-43-He was holding on tight to a lot of things and not about to let them go.

Genesis 31-This monument of stones and this stone pillar that I have set up is a witness

Psalm 24-GOD is at their side’ with GOD’s help they make it.

Galatians 1.11-24-But even before I was born, God had chosen me.

1 Timothy 4.9-16-We have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of everyone, but especially of those who have faith.

Psalm 8-Our LORD and Ruler, your name is wonderful everywhere on earth!

"They aren’t like you and me. All they know is production."- A need to save energy- to audit buildings- but most of the people don’t even begin to know what to look for. They hold tight to certain things and won’t let go. Monuments are set up to honor themselves. But God asks me to honor him- to let go of myself- to give myself over to him- he chose me even before I was born to work for him – to do his will- not to follow my own whim – God is on my side but I was created for God- not for myself- and living in hope I have faith in a God who is wonderful everywhere on earth- a living God who sent a Savior for me to follow, worship, praise and love. I’m here for God. "They aren’t like you and me. All they know is production."

All I want to know is God.

Prayer-Lord, show me more of you and less of me. -- Amen

No comments: