Thursday, January 12, 2006

January 12th People Reflection

Thursday 1/12/2006

Luke 11.1-28-Don’t bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need.

Genesis 19-he was mindful of Abraham and first got Lot out of there

Psalm 12-God’s words are pure words

Psalm 139.1-6, 13-18-Before I even speak a word, you know what I will say

Proverbs 4.1-12-I have shown you the way that makes sense

Psalm 61-Let me live with you forever

"Will you leave me some lunch money?"- I didn’t even know that I needed to give Steph lunch money. She asked so now I know and now I give her some lunch money. No bargain here- just a Father who didn’t know. I thank God that he isn’t like that with me. He gives me lunch money each day. No need to bargain. He is so loving- He never forgets and even knows what I need before I even know I need it. God was mindful of Lot. Sure Abraham pleaded with God to spare some people – but God was going to take care of Lot all along anyway. God’s words are pure. What he says – you can count on. God knows all about me. And God shows me the way to go. With a God like that – what more could I want or need anyway? Let me live with God forever. "Will you leave me some lunch money?" – Thanks be to God – he leaves me this and so much more.

Prayer-Lord, Thank you for daily bread! -- Amen

No comments: