Sunday, January 15, 2006

January 13th - 15th People Reflections

Friday 1/13/2006

Luke 11.29-54-Keep your life as well-lighted as your best-lighted room.

Genesis 20-But God came to Abimelech in a dream…

Psalm 13-Long enough I’ve carried this ton of trouble, lived with a stomach full of pain.

1 Samuel 3.1-20-I’m listening, LORD. What do you want me to do?

Isaiah 29.18-19-The deaf will be able to hear whatever is read to them…

Psalm 95-Listen to God’s voice today!

"Looks like they aren’t home." – Paul and I trying to give home communion. The couple weren’t home. Listen – to God- When I was knocking on the door – you always wonder if it is loud enough- can the people inside hear the knock- I suppose so- I must listen for that knock on the door too- that knock that Jesus wants me to come out and play – that knock where I will be able to hear his voice even through my deaf ears- that voice that I need to hear each day- that voice – that dream that God sends to tell me – to direct me- to lead and guide me. And I need to keep the lights on and display his light all day long. And with that knock of the door Jesus takes my troubles and asks me out to play. "Looks like they aren’t home." I sure hope I hear his knock this day!

Prayer- Lord, I’m listening for your knock this day. -- Amen

Saturday 1/14/2006

Luke 12.1-31-Fool! Tonight you die. And your barn full of goods- who gets it? That’s what happens when you fill your barn with Self and not with God.

Genesis 21-Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beersheba and worshiped God there, praying to the External God.

Psalm 14-Yes. God is around. God turns life around.

1 Corinthians 6.12-20-The Spirit is in you and is a gift from God.

Isaiah 50.4-5-Each morning he awakens me eager to learn his teaching; he made me willing to listen and not rebel or run away.

Psalm 5-Listen, LORD, as I pray!

"Sarah! I don’t know about this place!"- Sarah took us to a barbecue place out in the dark woods of North Carolina- way out! – on dirt roads and all – but once we got there; we had a blast! – Bluegrass music- clogging and ol country folk. These aren’t the people who store up goods in their barns. They live life in the moment. I have a great respect for people like these. Sometimes these are the people that are the source of miracles in life- they bring you back to where you belong- trusting in God- rejoicing in the Spirit and knowing that God is present in the simple joys of life. "Sarah! I don’t know about this place!" – Well sometimes I just need to trust and have some faith.

Prayer- Lord, I put on my trust and faith in you. -- Amen

Sunday 1/15/2006

Luke 12.32-59-I’ve come to change everything, turn everything rightside up…

Genesis 22-Yes? Answered Abraham. I’m listening.

Psalm 15-GOD, who gets invited to dinner at your place?

John 1.43-51-Come with me.

Exodus 15.19-21-Sing praises to the LORD for his great victory!

Psalm 149.1-5-Shout praises to the LORD!

"I’ve never seen that before!" – A semi-trailer had blown over from high winds in the mountains. Makes me think of the Luke passage. Oh, how that trailer needed to be turned righside up. And many times I need that too. I need God to turn me righside up. I need to listen carefully to God. Listen to his instruction. When he calls, I need to come with him. And in all that I will sing praises. Because he has invited me to dinner with him. "I’ve never seen that before!" – I’m glad God shocks me awake from time to time and turns me rightside up.

Prayer-Lord, turn me rightside up this day. -- Amen

No comments: