Tuesday, January 31, 2006

January 31st People Reflection

Tuesday 1/31/2006

Luke 22.39-71-Before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times. He went out and cried and cried and cried.

Genesis 40-What’s wrong? Why the long faces?

Psalm 31-GOD takes care of all who stay close to him…

1 Esdras 2.1-5a-the Lord stirred up the spirit of King Cyrus of the Persians

Hebrews 2.14-18-We are people of flesh and blood….he had to be one of us, so that he could serve God as our merciful and faithful high priest and sacrifice himself for the forgiveness of our sins.

Revelations 22.12-21-I am coming soon!

Psalm 145-I will praise you, my God and King, and always honor your name.

"How’s that for what I can do?"- I challenged Steph while she was bowling in competition to show me what she could do. And she responded with a good 195 game. I wonder if Jesus was challenging Peter with what he could do. But Peter did deny Jesus. But in that denial-Peter realized his salvation. Peter realized that he needed a Savior- Peter realized that he had sinned in his denial and went out a wept in deep repentance for his sin. But soon – very soon- Jesus would return to Peter- and in Jesus resurrection glory would show Peter that Jesus is the Savior – from death, the devil, hell and our own sin. We trust in Jesus – not our own will to repel sin. So What’s wrong? Why the long faces? Joseph looked on to his prison mates and comforted them – well sorta –at least for one of them- and even in the depths of the prisons of my life I can see God working- God will stir the spirits of myself and those around me to see his glory in the depths- Yea – I’m flesh and blood- but Jesus came to my pit and sacrificed himself for my soon. And what a joy to realize that Jesus will return soon. Maybe today! – For my Savior I offer all the praise and glory. "How’s that for what I can do?" – How’s that for what Jesus has already done for me?

Prayer- Jesus, thank you! Thank you for what you have done. -- Amen

No comments: