Saturday, January 28, 2006

January 28th People Reflection

Saturday 1/28/2006

Luke 20.27-47-All ecstasies and intimacies then will be with God.

Genesis 37-His brothers pulled Joseph out of the cistern and sold him for twenty pieces of silver.

Psalm 28-Blessed be GOD- he heard me praying.

1 Esdras 23-24-…so that the words of the Lord fell upon Israel

1 Corinthians 8.1-13-But knowledge makes us proud of ourselves, while love makes us helpful to others.

James 1.16-18-Every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father who created all the lights in the heavens.

Psalm 107.1-15-You were is serious trouble, but you prayed to the LORD, and he rescued you.

"That’ll be $1.70."- Something like that- not sure about the price. I wonder if Joseph brothers said, "That’ll be twenty pieces of silver." –Did Judas say "That’ll be thirty coins."- Do I sell God out in my life?- Sometimes I do- I take him to the cross to save my own skin- but that doesn’t work- it always fails- I can’t save my own skin- it’s in my very sale of God that he turns it around and saves my skin- The brothers sold Joseph- but in the end Joseph saves the brothers- Judas sold Jesus- in the end Jesus gives salvation to all- that’s the ecstasies and intimacies of God- he goes way deeper than human emotion to the heart of the issue- to my heart in a love so deep I can’t even begin to understand it- that’s the understanding of love I will have some day- God hears my prayer- God hears me repent and responds with love- God doesn’t sell me out- he responds and acts- God doesn’t throw me away- he give me graceful salvation that I only need to accept and believe and respond to- the response isn’t some great knowledge for myself- some deep theological understanding- the response is a thankful loving heart that reaches out to all God’s creation in love – the God that gives the perfect gift- the perfect gift of Jesus- the creator of all the lights in the heavens-Jesus a light and the Word that fell from heaven- Jesus the real true light of love and salvation to a world bent on saving itself- a world bent on paying a price that will never result in salvation- a world in serious trouble- but I pray to God and he rescues me with a price I can not afford- gives it to me- rescues me. "That’ll be $1.70."—Thank you Jesus for paying the price I could not pay!

Prayer- Jesus, you are my salvation. Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: