Thursday, January 26, 2006

January 26th People Reflection

Thursday 1/26/2006

Luke 19.28-48-Some Pharisees from the crowd told him, "Teacher, get your disciples under control!" But he said, "If they kept quiet, the stones would do it for them, shouting praise."

Genesis 34-You’ve made my name stink to high heaven…

Psalm 26-Clear my name, GOD

Psalm 111-Respect and obey the LORD! This is the first step to wisdom and good sense.

Titus 1.1-4-Titus, because of your faith, you are like a son to me. I pray that God our Father and Christ Jesus our Savior will be kind to you and will bless you with peace!

Psalm 29-Honor the wonderful name of the LORD, and worship the LORD most holy and glorious.

"It’s a personal coat of armor symbol."-An assignment that Stephanie was working on- a symbol that represented her- how she is unique- her name and honor- her gifts- her likes. When Jesus was entering Jerusalem on what we call Palm Sunday- the people were giving him great honor- shouting praises to him- but some thought this to be wrong- but Jesus pointed out- that if these people- his disciples- his followers didn’t shout out praise that the very stones in that place would praise him- And it’s true- nature itself shouts out praises to God- all the wild animals- all the vegetation honors God and praises his perfect creation- shouting to God in praise and glory- But sometimes I come into the scene- with my sin and selfishness- and as a child of God – through my selfish desires I can make his name stink- but in repentance God forgives my sin- clears my name and restores me- through Jesus act of love I am called- and I return in thanks and praise to respect and obey God- and that’s the first step to wisdom- in faith God is kind and saves me- How wonderful is the name of God- I will worship and praise his glorious name forever. "It’s a personal coat of armor symbol." – I have that coat of armor in Jesus my Savior.

Prayer-Jesus, all honor, and glory, and power are yours—now and forever! -- Amen

No comments: