Tuesday, December 12, 2006

December 12th Daily Word and Visions from God

Philippians 1.1-11-Sometimes I think I feel as strongly about you as Christ does!
Ezekiel 18-Make a clean break! Live!
Isaiah 47-They reel, confused, bumping into one another.
Isaiah 5.8-17-But the holy LORD God All-Powerful is praised, because he has shown who he is by bringing justice.
---
A sports center for youth. Active youth playing basketball and soccer. Running, playing, practicing, learning cooperation, competition and sport. A place to gather and have recreation one with another. I need this recreation in God too. I need to feel strong in God. I need to learn Christ's compassion and love and share those emotions with others. There are others that I feel as strongly about. But I think Christ has that ultimate compassion and love that I continually practice at. I see my teacher and coach and attempt to learn what he teaches. Sometimes I fail. Sometimes in my practice I get confused and reel and bump into others trying to learn that compassion and love of Christ. But he picks me up again, maybe even yells at me and sends me back into the game to try it all again. Christ cheers me on to break clean of sin and live! And it is in this practice and recreation that I see a wonderful coach and All-Powerful Savior to be praised for bringing gracious justice to a sinful world. I'm ready coach! Put me in!
---
Lord, I confess failure but ask you to pick me up and put me back in the game. ---Amen

No comments: