Thursday, December 28, 2006

December 28th Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 3.21-38-When Jesus entered public life he was about thirty years old, the son (in public perception) of Joseph, who was-- son of...
Ezekiel 42-43-He measured the wall on all four sides. Each wall was eight hundred seventy-five feet. The walls separated the holy from the ordinary.
Isaiah 63- I'll make a list of GOD's gracious dealings, all the things GOD has done that need praising, all the generous bounties of GOD, his great goodness to the family of Israel--compassion lavished, love extravagant.
Matthew 2.13-18-After the wise men had gone, an angel from the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "get up! Hurry and take the child and his mother to Egypt! Stay there until I tell you to return, because Herod is looking for the child and wants to kill him."
---
A thermostat in my house. Measures the temperature of the room then decides to heat or cool depending on time of day and what I have it set to do. Life with God can be like this sometimes. God has a setting programmed. But this world takes turns that are unexpected. I make decisions that are just plain goofy sometimes. But the thermostat adjusts to what I do in life. God's settings are still the same, no matter what silly things I do. The settings are always constant like the walls of the temple. The walls that separated the holy from the ordinary. But through these constant measurements of the walls my changing world begins to reflect the constancy of God in my life. He is always there in all the changes I make. The Holy meets the ordinary. When evil, like the threat of Herod, changes in my world, the constant settings of God's direction still adjusts to my changing world and leads to safety and salvation through Christ. Christ who came to experience the constantly changing temperature of this world and show us God's constant setting of love. The results of God's settings in my constant temperature changing world are evident in all the blessings that I can name that God has granted me. Even when I don't deserve blessing. So for the blessings I reflect upon over this past year of change and growth and love and life I give God all the praise and glory!
---
Lord, I change---make my change for good and bring me back to the temperature you want me to be when I get off track. ---Amen

No comments: