Thursday, December 21, 2006

December 21st Daily Word and Visions from God

Colossians 3.18-4.18-Pray diligently. Stay alert, with your eyes wide open in gratitude.
Ezekiel 31-32-Their graves are in the deepest part of the underworld, a congregation of graves, all killed in battle, people who terrorized the land of the living.
Isaiah 56-For salvation is just around the corner, my setting-things-right is about to go into action.
Hebrews 10.5-10-So we are made holy because Christ obeyed God and offered himself once for all.
---
A cup of coffee. First thing each morning. Shared with my morning prayer and devotions. It opens my eyes as does God's Word. Each morning God opens my eyes. Shows me his will and his way for me in my life. I pray. I am alert at the beginning of the day, eyes wide open in gratitude. Eyes wide open to the traps and tricks of sin. Eyes wide open to the deception of the evil foe. Eyes wide open to the gifts God gives. Eyes wide open to the action God wishes for me to take each and every day. Eyes wide open to those past and present who have lived with God. Eyes wide open to his Word made flesh. Eyes wide open for salvation around the corner and the setting-things-right about to go in action. Eyes wide open to a God active in my world and my life. Eyes wide open to the holiness and sacrifice of Christ who offered himself once for all and once for me and my sin. Eyes wide open to my own holiness through Christ. First thing each morning. Prayer and devotion and eyes wide open. Thanks be to God!
---
Father, my eyes are wide open thanks to the Word made flesh. Send me into your Kingdom nourished and ready to go. ---Amen

No comments: