Saturday, December 30, 2006

December 30th Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 4.31-44-But the crowds went looking and, when they found him, clung to him so he couldn't go on.
Ezekiel 46-47-But the river itself, on both banks, will grow fruit trees of all kinds. Their leaves won't wither, the fruit won't fail. Every month they'll bear fresh fruit because the river from the Sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will be for food and their leaves for healing.
Isaiah 65-Before they call out, I'll answer. Before they've finished speaking, I'll have heard.
Colossians 3.12-17-God love you and has chosen you as his own special people. So be gentle, kind, humble, meek, and patient. Put up with each other, and forgive anyone who does you wrong, just as Christ has forgiven you. Love is more important that anything else. It is what ties everything completely together.
---
Notice Phoebe's eyes...focused on her master. Focused on the person who loves and cares for her. Focused in adoration. Notice how Phoebe pants for the one she longs for. Pants in praise and thanksgiving for all that has been done for her. There is always so much to learn from how a dog offers praise and thanksgiving. I think maybe God gave us dogs to teach us how we are to behave with Him. Sure the dog does some "wrong" things from time to time, but all the dogs I've had as pets have been loving and adoring and protective and faithful to me all the way to death. So maybe like Phoebe, when the crowds of Jesus time saw the healing and comfort and life he brought, they clung to him. I need to cling to Jesus. Jesus is my only hope. Not myself, nor rulers, nor money, nor power can save my soul from death and hell. Only Jesus can, and to him I will cling for healing from my sin. Then the river that flows from the Sanctuary in the Ezekiel passage. My favorite hymn "There in God's Garden" ---mentions a Tree of Life. It mentions that it's leaves are for healing. I think God wants me to be watered from this same water flowing from his Sanctuary. To even pant and beg like Phoebe would for a taste of this water so that I may bear fruit for him in his kingdom. And through the healing of the Life of Jesus bring some healing and love to someone God places in my path of life day after day. Like the looks of Phoebe as she pants for a taste of that water, I must pant and give thanks for the taste and experience of reliving my baptism with this same water day after day. Finally in all this, like Phoebe, I can realize the presence of Christ in my life. Knowing how God provides and cares for me, hears me and has an answer even before I call out. I know now how God loves me and wants the best for me...even in suffering and pain, God cares and loves...even in the joy and pleasure, God cares and loves. In response I can't help but to listen to my Master, to follow him, to obey him and to live the life he chooses for me. Living the gentle, loving, patient, forgiving life, I see that the real clothing my Master provides is all wrapped in a blanket of love. Love for him and all others. I pant for this Love, I beg for this Love, I look to this Love for Life. This Love, this Jesus, this Love my Master.
---
Lord, you are my Master and King, my Love. To you I turn for all my needs. To you I respond with joy and thanksgiving. To you I respond with honor and praise. Lord, you alone are my Master. ---Amen

No comments: