Friday, December 29, 2006

December 29th Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 4.1-30-For forty wilderness days and nights he was tested by the Devil.
Ezekiel 44-45- Son of man, get a grip on yourself. Use your eyes, use your ears, pay careful attention to everything I tell you about the ordinances of this Temple of GOD, the way all the laws work, instructions regarding it and all the entrances and exits of the Sanctuary.
Isaiah 64-No ear heard, no eye seen, a God like you who works for those who wait for him.
1 Samuel 2.18-20, 26-The boy Samuel served the LORD and wore a special linen garment and the clothes his mother made for him.
---
One of those logs that burn brightly in a fire. Can be used to get a fire going and to keep some older wood burning. Could even be used as a fire starter. I think sometimes God tests me in the wilderness. Gets a fire burning in me. Gets things going in a test. Sets me to burning with a fire starter. I need to get a grip on myself during these times. I need to use my eyes and ears and focus and pay careful attention to everything God is telling me. Look at all the entrances and exits he provides to his Sanctuary. Wait on his time and be patient in God. Let God start the fire within my soul that makes me special for his service. Yep, sometimes I think God uses one of these logs to get me going and keep me burning with passion in his Love.
---
Lord, start a fire in me and keep it burning for you. ---Amen

No comments: