Friday, December 01, 2006

December 1st Daily Word and Visions from God

Galatians 5.1-15-Rather, use your freedom to serve one another in love; that's how freedom grows.
Lamentations 5-Woe! Woe! Would that we'd never sinned!
Psalm 147-Our Lord is great, with limitless strength; we'll never comprehend what he knows and does.
Jeremiah 33.14-16-I promise that the time will come when I will appoint a king from the family of David, a king who will be honest and rule with justice.
---
Earlier in the year this picture would have displayed some bright red berries and green leaves but in the winter it is old leaves and bare twigs. Yet there is still a stark beauty in this. Light easily moves in, around and through. You can see deep into the soul of the plant. A view hidden in the fall and summer. Sometimes I think God works with me this way too. Strips me bare and looks deep into my soul. And plants his love deep within. A love that is meant to blossom and flourish in the spring and summer to be spread to the world around. In my sin I am stripped bare also. I pay for my sin and wish it had never happened. But God takes that sin from me while I'm naked and plants his love deep within with a promise that a King will rule once again. I'll never comprehend what God knows and does but I will trust him and place all my hope and faith in him.
---
Lord, as I stand bare before you today- plant your love and salvation deep within my soul. ---Amen

No comments: