Thursday, December 14, 2006

December 14th Daily Word and Visions from God

Philippians 2.1-11-Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.
Ezekiel 20-I'll not put up with questions from you.
Isaiah 49-Then everyone will know that I, GOD, have saved you--I, the Mighty One of Jacob.
Isaiah 12.2-6-I trust you to save me, LORD God, and I won't be afraid.
---
There's something about this nest and this tree and the backdrop of a clear blue sky. A nest perhaps abandoned of birds. A summer home. One time hidden and nestled in the tree. But now with the leaves missing open and in the elements of winter. Then the backdrop of blue sky. Endless blue sky of hope. Blue of Hope for a new beginning. In all this I can see Christ. The hope I have in him even when the winter winds seem harsh and the home deserted. Christ is present in and all around the home. All questions are already answered in this Hope of Christ. In the Hope of Salvation I can know the God has saved all people. I can endure the winter surrounded by this eternal blue sky of Hope in Christ. I can trust God to save me and not be afraid. In this hope, I can forget myself, knowing God has already taken care of all my needs and go out lending a helping hand. And soon, very soon, I will be wrapped again in the warmth of the green leaves of life surrounding me in that everlasting home with Christ. Soon and very soon. I live in hope and faith.
---
Jesus, I look to your return- I look to your advent in my life- I look to your presence in my home- now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: