Friday, December 22, 2006

December 22nd Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 1.1-25-Every word I've spoken to you will come true on time--God's time.
Ezekiel 33-As sure as I am the living God, I take no pleasure from the death of the wicked. I want the wicked to change their ways and live. Turn your life around! Reverse your evil ways!
Isaiah 57-I live in the high and holy places, but also with the low-spirited, the spirit-crushed, and what I do is put new spirit in them, get them up and on their feet again.
Luke 1.39-55-He always shows mercy to everyone who worships him.
---
A clean furnace filter. Still in the package. No dirt present yet. White still. But once it is put into place it will begin to filter dirt from the air. No, it won't get it all. But it will take dirt out of the air that most of us don't even know exists. There is dirt in the air all around us. Even after it is filtered there is still dirt in the air. God's Word made flesh was placed among this dirty world. He did some filtering. He spoke-he acted. Jesus' every Word was true and on time--God's time. Jesus filters the dirt of this world and the dirt in my life but doesn't leave a speck of dirt behind. Jesus filters all my sin and filters me out clean. God takes no pleasure in death. He sent his Son to turn death into life. God wants things turned around. Especially my sinful life. I turn around not because I think by turning around I will become acceptable to God---I turn around because through Jesus' act of filtering the sin out of my life I am free to turn around and do what God wants me to do for him out of love and praise for what he has already done for me. I turn around because of Jesus' act of filtering sin from my life with his death and resurrection. I turn around in awesome wonder of the advent of Jesus in my life in praise and honor to him. I turn around to my Savior, filtered and clean through him. Jesus lived and lives in a high place with God but in his advent and coming to this dirty world he demonstrated endless love to the low-spirited. He comes! He lives! He saves! He filters out the sin of this world and gives his life to remove it from ours. Thanks be to God!
---
Come Lord Jesus - Come! ---Amen

No comments: