Tuesday, December 26, 2006

December 26th Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 2.21-52-With my won eyes I've seen your salvation; it's now out in the open for everyone to see: A God-revealing light to the non-Jewish nations, and of glory for your people Israel.
Ezekiel 38-39-But now I will return Jacob back from exile, I'll be compassionate with all the people of Israel, and I'll be zealous for my holy name. Eventually the memory will fade, the memory of their shame over their betrayals of me when they lived securely in their own land, safe and unafraid.
Isaiah 61-I will sing for joy in GOD, explode praise from deep in my soul!
Acts 6.8-7.2a, 51-60-Friends, listen to me.
---
This is Phoebe. The gifts have been given and opened. We gave the dogs a toy that has food in it. You can put a treat or peanut butter inside the toy. They stay occupied, intent on getting all the taste out of the center of the toy. While the dogs were busy the rest of us gave gifts to one another. Gifts not only of material things, but gifts more so of thought and love to one another. Gifts of thought and love. Time spent thinking of the other person. Time spent searching for that gift of thought and love. Not just buying something but thinking of the other person. I think God thought of me when he gave the gift of his Son as a little baby. A baby into my world to see how it is with me. A baby that lived and died for me. A baby that came into my life to save me from sin and death. A baby to live with me. A baby born to me this day. In this gift I have seen salvation. I see the light of all nations. I see the light of all people. I see the thought and love of my Savior in the greatest gift of all and to all. A gift that returns me from the exile of my sin to be with God's people and to dwell with that baby through all time. A gift that rescues me from the betrayals and sins I have committed. A gift that causes my soul to explode in joy and thanksgiving to God. A gift the brings forth praise from deep in my soul. And yes a gift that like Steven, I am willing to proclaim to all the world in all places and in all situations. A gift of a baby. A gift of life and salvation. The only gift I'll ever really need. Thanks be to God! Friends listen to me! Like the gift given to Phoebe. It's what's in the center of the toy that counts. My Savior Jesus Christ is the center of this day of gifts! Look in the center! You'll find Love, Life, and Salvation in the center, lying in a manger. See with you own eyes, he's right there, out in the open. Thanks be to God!
---
Jesus, my Lord, my baby, my Savior---Thanks! ---Thanks more than I can express! ---You are God! ---Amen

No comments: